Monday, January 31, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan Recap!

My 30-day Alzheimer's Solution NEURO Plan ends today! For the last 30 days, I've been eating unprocessed foods, avoiding sugar (except around workouts), limiting alcohol, meditating for 10 minutes per day, learning chess and Spanish (when I have the time! I found a great learn Spanish podcast that I've enjoyed while running), and moving my body with daily runs and daily yoga.

Most of what I've eaten since my last post has been leftovers, so I won't bore you with that. But here are a few things I've had over the weekend. On Friday night, I got my pre-Saturday run carbs in with a bowl of Chili Spaghetti. I used the leftover Hearty Bean Chili from the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution cookbook. Topped with nooch!

On Saturday morning, I had a breakfast Drs. Dean & Ayesha Sherzai (the book's authors) probably wouldn't recommend —White Bagel with Cashew Cacao Spread (with a bit of sugar in it). I decided during my reset that I would still allow processed carbs and sugar pre-workout because that's when your body needs quick-digesting carbs for energy. 

On Saturday night, I had another Totally Possible Burger and a side of Chili Fries (using more of that leftover chili). This hearty meal hit the spot after my 12-miler. Yes, my burger bun was upside down. Ha! 

And, on Sunday, I had a post 5K Mushroom Chickpea Bulgur Bowl after my friend Megan and I ran the Winter Off-Road Series 5K trail race. This has bulgur, roasted chickpeas, roasted kale, pan-seared broccoli and mushrooms, and a dill tahini sauce. It was fantastic! Bowls like this are my fave.

Also for January, I set out to do a 31-day run streak, running at least one mile (or more) every day. This morning, I finished my streak with a 4-mile run through Overton Park. I also did Yoga with Adriene's Move 30-day yoga series in January. So lots of good eating and healthy movement!

Tonight, I'm rewarding myself with KFC's Beyond Nuggets and I cannot wait! But I hope to carry some of these healthy eating/living habits forward. I'll definitely continue to limit sugar and keep my meditation practice going. And I hope to continue good bedtime hygiene for better sleep. I still struggle with that, but I'm trying!

5 comments:

Pharmacy Meds Online said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J. V. said...

Thanks for sharing your experience! I found this plan through your blog and I am so grateful!

Barb said...

What's the podcast??

Jennifer Bliss said...

My goodness! You have been BUSY! Way to go! That Broccoli Dish really grabbed my attention, too!

Bianca said...

Hey Barb! It's called Discover Spanish. It's really old (from 2007!), but each episode is 10-15 minutes and focuses on a few words or phrases.