Monday, January 24, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan, Days 18-21

I'm getting so close to the end of my 30-Day NEURO plan from The 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution book. Next Monday is the last day! Today, I'm recapping four days on the plan because, for most of those days, I ate leftovers. 

On Wednesday (Day 18), I had a post-run smoothie for breakfast, leftover chickpea barley soup for lunch, and another tempeh farro bowl for dinner. 

On Thursday (Day 19), I had another chickpea omelet for breakfast. But for lunch, I went out on a late Christmas lunch with the leadership team from work. This was my first dining out experience in January since I've been sticking to this meal plan. We went to McEwen's, which isn't the most vegan-friendly place, but I was able to get a couple things that fit pretty well into the parameters of my plan. I ordered the Jungle of Greens Salad without chicken. This has a base of napa cabbage with lots of veggies and peanuts and a ginger sesame dressing. The dressing probably had some sugar, but that's okay! Loved that pickled ginger on top! I didn't eat the little crostini though because it appeared to be spread with dairy butter.

The soup of the day was vegan Vegetable Curry, so I ordered a cup of that as well. It was a very cold day, so this hit the spot.

Later that night, I had a bowl of post-gym class oatmeal with Complement protein, PB, and berries for dinner. 

On Friday (Day 20), I had the last of the strawberry rosewater chia pudding for breakfast, the last of the chickpea salad over greens for lunch, and the last of the Plantastic Neuroplastic quinoa-sweet potato meatballs over pasta for dinner (with a glass of red wine!).

On Saturday morning (Day 21), I had some white rice with Bragg's before my 10-mile run. During the run, I fueled with Plant Bites (real fruit snacks for endurance athletes), and afterward, I had this Berry Whole Grain Smoothie Bowl from the book. This has mixed berries, avocado, quinoa, buckwheat, Complement protein, and cardamom. Very tasty!

My smoothie bowl was my lunch since I finished my run around 1:30 pm, and my dinner was the last of the tempeh farro bowl leftovers (and another glass of wine!).

I'll be back with a Day 22 (Sunday) recap tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sri said...

Thank goodness for leftovers!

Susan said...

The strawberry rosewater chia pudding is just the sort of flavours I love! Though not a big fan of chia pudding lone. But I think I will make these flavours into some overnight oats.