Wednesday, January 5, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan, Day 3

I'm 3 full days (and then some) into the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution NEURO Plan! Here's what I ate yesterday, on day 3, on this whole foods, plant-based, sugar-free meal plan. 

My gym just started offering morning classes again for the first time since March 2020! They moved to virtual during the "stay home" part of the pandemic, and they started doing outdoor evening classes. And lately, we've been doing evening classes indoors, but they finally added a morning class! I much prefer morning workouts. So I went to the first 6:15 am body burn class on Tuesday morning (fueled by a cashew cookie Larabar). After the gym, I came home to this beautiful Mediterranean Tofu Scramble that I prepared the night before (with a side of almond butter toast).

The scramble is from the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution book, and it's amazing! It has sundried tomatoes and green olives, so it's got lots of great umami flavor. I'm glad the recipe made enough for a few more days!

Morning snack (back at work!) was a bowl of berries and walnuts and a second coffee from French Truck Coffee. The Sherzais, the authors of the book/plan, say coffee is brain-boosting, but they just don't recommend drinking it after 2 pm because it affects sleep. Because I go to bed so early (8:30 pm), I try to avoid caffeine after noon.

Lunch was a salad topped with leftover Taco Quinoa and some leftover South of the Border salad topping (black beans, sweet potatoes, corn, bell pepper) with leftover avocado dressing.

I had some more Dark Chocolate Orange Pistachio Truffles for my afternoon dessert/snack.

And then dinner was another Pinto Bean Quesadilla stuffed with pintos, bell pepper, spinach, corn, red cabbage, and cashew cheese. So far, I've managed to eat avocado daily (sometimes twice a day) on this plan, so I'm digging that!

1 comment:

Sri said...

Sorry you have to be back at the office - but it sounds like they are being safe.