Monday, January 17, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan, Days 11-14

I'm still chugging ahead with the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution NEURO Plan! Today (Monday) is day 16, so I'm past the halfway mark. Yay! But here's a recap of days 11-14. 

Day 11 was Wednesday, and I started the morning with a hill work run and a mango berry protein smoothie. Snack was veggies and hummus, and my lunch was a leftover Spicy Cauli Tofu Bowl. Dinner was the last of the Mushroom & Radicchio Pasta Bake. No pics since it was all leftovers.

Day 12 (Thursday) was another day of leftovers. I had the last of Zucchini Chickpea Pancakes for breakfast, a snack of dried apricots and almonds, the last of the Spicy Cauli Tofu Bowl for lunch, and a post-bootcamp bowl of oatmeal with almond butter and berries for dinner. Oatmeal has become my standard late-night dinner when I have to eat an hour before bed (due to my workout schedule and early bedtime).

Day 13 was Friday! When I made the Golden Waffles on Day 1, I saved one in the freezer. So I toasted that waffle in the toaster and topped with sugar-free homemade strawberry sauce, fresh berries, and tahini. Yum!


Back when  Paul was in the hospital in November, I made a batch of Blueberry Muffins from Dean and Ayesha Sherzai's first book, The Alzheimer's Solution. The 30-Day book that I'm using now is a complement to that original book, which has a few recipes (including these muffins). I froze some leftovers back then, and I enjoyed one as a snack on Friday. They're sweetened with stevia.


Lunch was Chickpea & Seeds on a sandwich with air-fried tortilla chips and salsa. This chickpea salad has a "mayo" base made from sunflower seeds, and it's so yummy!


For dinner, I made the Plantastic Neuroplastic Meatballs to serve over whole wheat spaghetti with homemade marinara. I had my long run on Saturday, so I wanted carbs! These meatballs are made with quinoa, sweet potato, beets, spinach, and cilantro. They were really good! I froze some for next Friday! Oh, and I also had a Brewdog Hazy AF alcohol-free beer.


On Saturday, I woke up early to get my long run done before the cold rain. I had a bowl of white rice with toasted sesame seeds before my run. And during my 8 miles, I had one snack of Cherry-Date Plant Bites (an all-fruit run fuel snack).

Post-run, I made the Mighty Smoothie Bowl from the book. This has a base of banana, mango, Complement Protein, and kale, and it's topped with kiwi, blueberries, apples, and walnuts. It was pretty cold during my run, and I shivered as I ate this bowl. But it was good!!


The rest of the day was leftover snacks, and I had the Plantastic Meatballs over pasta again for dinner with a glass of red wine. I'm having limited alcohol on this plan, and the authors recommend sticking with red wine.

2 comments:

Jennifer Bliss said...

Everything looks MARVY! I will have to try Tahini on Waffles! I haven't as of yet!

Sri said...

Wow you are knocking this challenge out of the park! Very yummy eats - especially those meatballs. Yummy.