Wednesday, January 19, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan, Day 17

Tuesday was Day 17 on the 30-Day NEURO Plan for brain health! On Tuesday mornings, I've been attending a morning bootcamp class at my gym, so I got up at 4:30 am, did yoga, and snacked on a Cashew Cookie Larabar. And then I headed to my class.

After class, I refueled with this Strawberry Rosewater Chia Pudding from the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution book. This base has blended strawberries with almond milk, chia seeds, monkfruit sweetener, and rosewater. I made the rosewater myself by boiled dried rose petals. The recipe doesn't call for protein, but I added some Complement Protein since this was my post-workout.

Morning snack was dried apricots and almonds. And lunch was leftover Chickpea Barley Soup. In mid-afternoon, I had some Lilly's stevia-sweetened dark chocolate at my desk.

Dinner was awesome! I made the Tempeh Farro Bowl from the book. This has farro (another favorite underused grain!!), kale, broccoli and cauliflower, pan-seared sweet potato slices, and marinated tempeh slices, plus avocado. The recipe didn't call for a sauce, but I may use my leftover almond-chipotle sauce from last week over my leftover farro bowl tonight! Oh, and I also had a glass of red wine. Just one!

1 comment:

Sri said...

Never thought to pan sear sweet potatoes. That sounds tasty.