Monday, January 10, 2022

30-Day NEURO Plan, Days 5-6

Here's a quick recap of Thursday and Friday of last week on the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution NEURO plan for brain health! 

On Thursday morning, I did my Yoga with Adriene video and then had some leftover Mediterranean Tofu Scramble with Sprouted Grain Toast spread with Spicy Green Hummus. The hummus recipe is in the book, and it is loaded with cilantro and jalapenos!

Morning snack was Apricots and Almonds.


And lunch was a big salad with leftover Taco Quinoa.

I had an evening workout class at my gym downtown, so I got home kinda late for dinner. In the 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution book, they say that you shouldn't eat within a couple hours of bedtime for optimal sleep. But if you must eat late, avoid high-energy foods. They suggested oatmeal because it's easy on the digestive system and promotes good sleeop. So I had a bowl of protein oats (with Complement Protein) for dinner!

On Friday, morning, I did another yoga video (plus my one-mile run for my January run streak) and then had the last of the scramble for breakfast. 

Morning snack was Blackberries & Almonds.


And lunch was another salad topped with the green hummus!

I typically have a glass of wine after work on Fridays to kick off the weekend, but I'm trying to avoid alcohol on this plan, so I found this Simple Truth Zero Sugar Kombucha! I had no idea that was even possible! I'm also avoiding sugar on this plan, so this was a great find. It tasted great! It was sweetened with erythritol, which is all-natural and my favorite sugar-free sweetener so far. 

Dinner was fun! I had my long run planned for Saturday, so I selected a pasta dish from the book for carb-loading. I made the Creamy Mushroom & Radicchio Pasta Bake. But I couldn't find radicchio anywhere (looked in three stores!), so I subbed Belgian endive. This also has mushrooms, chard, and a tasty nooch sauce.

I'll check in with Saturday and Sunday eats tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sri said...

Wow you are doing such a fantastic job keeping up with your NEURO goals. Great job!

Cadry's Kitchen said...

That green hummus sounds so good! I love cilantro and jalapenos. I'll have to add those the next time I make a batch.