Monday, December 20, 2021

Tortas, Brekkys, & Party Plates!

Last Friday, I met up with my friend Susan at Global Café in Crosstown Concourse. I've sampled just about every vegan thing on the menu there, except I'd somehow never tried their Vegan Torta. So vegan torta it was! This MASSIVE sandwich is stuffed with seasoned black beans, avocado, cabbage, tomato, red onion, and pickled jalapenos, and it's fantastic. It's also the size of my head. They use fresh bread that's baked next door at Lucy J's Bakery. I could only eat half for lunch and took the rest home for leftovers!

Last Wednesday was the last Lulu's Wake Up Wednesdays breakfast pop-up at Boycott Coffee for the year. I had to run 5 miles on Wednesday, so I drove downtown and parked my car near Boycott at 5:45 am (breakfast started at 6:30 am), ran 5 miles, and ended right at Lulu's pop-up table. I got a Brekky Sandwich with tofu egg and smoked carrot bacon for the road (and a coffee from Boycott!). I don't really have time to sit down to breakfast on running days, so I enjoyed it in the car on the 7-ish minute drive home. Just enough time to devour a whole sandwich.

Yesterday, Paul and I were invited to a holiday brunch and Dirty Santa game at our friends Nicole and Vaughan's house. Nicole made a big spread of food, so I had a little of everything — falafel, hummus, pita, vegan cheese and crackers, Gardein roast, salad, spring rolls, and (not pictured because it was in a separate bowl) spaghetti!

2 comments:

Sri said...

Wow that vegan torta looks tremendous! I had never heard of dirty Santa game - now I’m wondering what you and Paul ‘won’?

Jennifer Bliss said...

That sandwich looks MASSIVE!