Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Pizza & Wings & More!

All year, I've been tracking my habits in the Counter app, allotting myself one point every time I run, do yoga, foam roll, eat all the colors of the rainbow in a day, or other healthy habits. Every time I reach 100 points, I treat myself to something decadent to eat or a shopping spree or just something special. For my 1,000-point reward this weekend, I went all out and bought a WHOLE PIZZA from Imagine Vegan Cafe! They were doing their pizza special this weekend (they don't typically serve pizza), so I figured it was meant to be. I got the Cheeseburger Pizza with Beyond beef, mushrooms, onions, cheddar, and mozz. 

These were large pizzas, not the typical single-serve pizza I would order elsewhere. So this lasted me three glorious days! Every bite was magic. Well-earned.

One day last week, I met an old friend at Slider Inn downtown for lunch and ordered my usual — Vegan Tofu and Cauliflower Wings. I normally get a side of fries, but that seemed heavy for lunch, so I got their side salad with vegan ranch. I LOVE these wings! They give you three tofu wings and three cauli wings, and they're so crispy and delicious.


Here's my Sunday breakfast from last weekend. I made a big ole "clean out the fridge" Tofu Scramble using whatever veggies I could find in the freezer and fridge (chard, broccoli, onions, bell peppers) and a side of Avo Toast with half an avocado that had been lingering in the fridge for a few days.


And here's a very healthy and oh-so-tasty meal from The Alzheimer's Solution book. This is the Mediterranean Brain Bowl with massaged kale, roasted chickpeas and roasted sweet potatoes, turmeric quinoa, and a lemon-dill-tahini sauce. Everything I've made from this book has been amazing! Crazy how delicious sugar-free, brain-healthy food can be!



3 comments:

Sri said...

Your reward pizza looks amazing! Good for you on your goals.

Jennifer Bliss said...

I would love to some day visit Imagine Cafe! I've heard so much about it! I was able to find some of their prepared foods pre-pandemic in either Erie, PA, at the Co-op or maybe it was The Vegan Grocery Store outside of Buffalo...I can't remember at this point but I believe one was their Mac & Cheese and it was great!

Susan said...

That pizza looks like perfection!