Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Potato Soup, Tofu Scramble, & a Vegan Bowl!

Ever since The Plant-Based Athlete book (by Matt Frazier and Robert Cheeke) came out this past summer, I've been working my way through the recipe section. The recipes were submitted by all the vegan athletes featured in the book, and Robert submitted quite a few. His seemed to be some of the simplest recipes, so I naturally gravitated to those first. I've made most of those, but I finally tried his Legendary Tuscan Potato Soup this past week. This was, indeed, legendary. It's a chunky potato soup that loaded with kale and Field Roast apple-sage sausages. Perfect with sourdough and salad on a cold December night.


Here's another awesome dish from The Plant-Based Athlete. Bikini athlete Natalie Matthews' Simple Tofu Scramble might be my favorite scramble recipe yet! It's so simple — seasoned with just adobo and nooch. I will probably make this my standard go-to. I even like it better than my own Cookin' Crunk scramble recipe (which is still really awesome and available HERE)!


And finally, here's a classic grain/green bowl! I used a base of brown rice and topped that with some frozen, sauteed Swiss chard and brussels and an easy tahini sauce (tahini, Bragg's, nooch, garlic, sriracha). So good!



2 comments:

Jennifer Bliss said...

I would try each of those meals! WOW! Nice! They look great!
Jennifer
https://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/

Sri said...

Oh my goodness I have been putting off making the potato soup as I was waiting to make sausages. I think I need to just get the Field Roast ones so I can make this delicious looking soup!