Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sammies, Spaghetti, & Soup!

Memphis has a new sandwich shop, The Backlot Sandwich Shop, and they're working on some exciting vegan specials (a reuben made with roasted celeriac root!), but their regular menu features a pretty awesome veggie sandwich. The Mother Earth has marinated portabella with tomato and cucumber. It typically has a non-vegan aioli, but they can leave that off (ask them to sub with red wine vinegar, trust me!). Portabella sandwiches don't usually excite me, but this one is very well done. The marinade is fantastic! I recommend the Zapp's Voodoo Chips on the side. 


I had a little Just Egg leftover from camping, so I used it up in this Just Egg & Avocado Breakfast Sandwich. So good! I love Just Egg so much!


Last Friday, Paul and I made Spaghetti with Mushrooms, our favorite meal to cook together. Paul makes the mushrooms, and I handle the rest. He adds lots of spicy stuff to them!


Here's a quick Roasted Sweet Potato with Chili & Vegan Cheese. I had some leftover chili in the freezer, so this came together super-fast. I made Sauteed Swiss Chard on the side using some from my CSA.


And here's a quick lunch of Garden Sausage Minestrone & Grilled Cheese. Have y'all tried the Gardein canned soups? They're so good! I wish they were a little meatier though. The whole can had maybe six pieces of vegan sausage. 


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh yum, it all looks so good! I've been wanting grilled cheese lately and now I may just have to make some soon! Yum! And yes, Just Egg is so good, I haven't tried it with avocado but I think I may have to!

Hillary said...

I really love Just Egg too. The first time I tried it I was a bit meh, but now I really like it in a little sandwich!!