Monday, April 5, 2021

My Dad's 67th Birthday!

My dad turned 67 this past Saturday, April 3, and for the first time in over a year, I was able to visit them without doing a two-week quarantine. And Paul was able to visit them! We're all fully vaccinated now! Paul could never quarantine with me over the last year since he works with the public, but since I'm still working from home, so I was able to self-isolate for two weeks at a time. But man, that was no fun! I'm so glad we're all vaccinated!

My mom cooked a big ole Southern supper with all our favorite foods — Vegan Chicken & Dumplins, Blackeyed Peas & Cornbread, Fried Squash, Macaroni & Tomatoes, and the last of Granny's frozen greens. I ran 10 miles Saturday morning before Paul and I made the drive over, and I was HUNGRY. 

For dessert, mama made some Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes with ganache. These were really yummy. My daddy loves coconut!

Paul and I both got daddy whiskey gifts. The Huling Station on the left is made in Memphis at the Old Dominick Distillery. Daddy LOVES whiskey, making him very easy to shop for.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you guys got to be together! Food looks incredible as always! Happy Birthday papa Crunk!!

Jenny said...

Happy birthday to you dad! So glad to see you guys all together and celebrating again.

Susan said...

Happy birthday to your dad! I am so glad that you are able to all hang out together again.