Sunday, February 21, 2016

Stuff I Ate

It's been over a month since I've done one of these random meals posts. It's likely because most of my posts lately have been devoted to some sort of cleanse or another (the Abundance Diet, the Taco Cleanse). But I've been collecting random meal pics throughout the month of February, and since I have quite a few, I'll be posting some tonight and some more tomorrow.

The second restaurant meal I ate after my 28-day Abundance Diet was over at the beginning was February came from Pink Diva Cupcakery (the first was from LYFE Kitchen, but I already blogged about that). Cassi had added ramen back to her lunch menu in January, and I hadn't had a chance to order it yet. So I had this big ole bowl of Tofu & Veggie Ramen with hoisin tofu, zucchini, carrots, kale, sprouts, and jalapenos. Totally hit the spot!


I try to eat at Pink Diva once a week (either for lunch or for cupcake treats), and last Wednesday, I met my friend Audrey there over the lunch hour. I ordered Cassi's special of the week — Tomato Soup with Vegan Grilled Cheese. The creamy, homemade tomato soup is perfect for dipping a buttery grilled cheese in.


We also split an order of Pink Diva's Avocado Wontons. These are stuffed with mashed avocado and sundried tomatoes before they're deep-fried. They're served with a sour cream dip.


Speaking of lunch meetups with friends, I also had a long overdue lunch date with my friend Leslie. She's been super busy with grad school for the past couple years, and we don't get to hang out that often. But we caught up over Indian buffet at Golden India. They didn't have many vegan selections on the buffet, but there were Samosas, which I covered with Chana Masala and Tamarind Sauce, and there was some yummy Aloo Gobi.


One night a couple weekends ago, I went home to Arkansas to visit my parents. My mama had posted on Facebook a few days before about a breakfast casserole she'd made, and I wanted her to veganize it for me. So we had breakfast for dinner! Here's the Vegan Breakfast Casserole, made with biscuits, gravy, scrambled Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, and Daiya cheese.


She made some other breakfast foods for us to eat with the casserole. Here's my plate — casserole, hash browns, vegan sausage & biscuit (with jelly!), and vegan bacon. 


I've been running a lot too. Tomorrow, I'm starting my 21K training program so that I can hopefully run the Great American River Run half-marathon in downtown Memphis this May. But for the past few weeks, I've been working on shorter speed runs to try and pick up the pace a little. One day, after a run last week, I came up with this creamy Peach Cobbler Smoothie — frozen peaches, banana, almond milk, almond butter, cinnamon, rolled oats, and Manitoba Harvest vanilla hemp protein.


Check back tomorrow for more random meals!!

4 comments:

foodfeud said...

Ahh a breakfast casserole sounds so good. I want to make that tomorrow to have for the week but my oven has been weird lately...
one thing i CAN make however is ramen with jalapeno - that looks great. the tomato soup does too. I used to be a big fan of grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Bahama Zen said...

This food all looks amazing, esp the ramen noodles and the vegan grilled cheese. It must be nice to have so many vegan restaurant options!

vegan.in.brighton said...

I've never made or eaten a breakfast casserole which is super ridiculous as it pretty much sounds like the best food ever!

Babette said...

The food at the Pink Diva Cupcakery sounds so good! I really like that kind of food.