Monday, January 13, 2014

Crazy Sexy Diet, Day 8

Dude. I was so glad to happy to be eating solids today. It's amazing how a little juice fast can make you so grateful for the ability to chew. But I didn't get to nosh right away. My day started with The Gardener Juice from Crazy Sexy Diet.


Omg, this juice was so good! Carrots, orange, red bell pepper, radishes, and kale are, like, the perfect combination in a juice. The orange makes it nice and sweet, and radishes add just a dash of spice. Carrot juice is just the BEST! And the red bell pepper really steps it up.

For my morning snack, I made Green Paint with Strawberries and Bananas from Crazy Sexy Diet. The "paint" dip is actually raw almond butter mixed with spirulina, agave, vanilla, and a splash of almond milk. This is actually Woody Harrelson's wife Laura's recipe! In the book, Chef Chad Sarno says she introduced him to green paint, and now he makes it all the time as a healthy snack for his kid.


Lunch was leftover Miso Broth with Zucchini Somen and Mushrooms. I made this veggie-heavy soup last night to break my fast.


On the side, I had a Salad with Sunflower Seeds, Currants, and a Raspberry Balsamic-Flax Dressing.


My afternoon snack was Carrots and Hummus (and yes, I had more than one carrot! More like 10 carrots).


Dinner was more leftovers of the Lentil & Chard Ragout with Millet. I made this dish for dinner last week, and it made a ton. I still have one more serving for tomorrow!

Oh, and I got an awesome surprise today! The folks at Vega sent me a fun package to kick off their #OneChange campaign, which launches on Wednesday! There's a Vega running shirt, a Vega headband, a reusable Vega shopping bag, and a KOR One water bottle. Score!


Last January, I did the Thrive Forward cleanse, and I completely fell in love with Vega protein powders for post-run recovery. I'm currently sidelined from running because of my stress fracture (it's been almost 5 months!), but it's healing. And I hope to be running again in a couple months! I'm almost as excited about getting to drink Vega smoothies again as I am about running.

2 comments:

Sheridan said...

Oooh, that green paint sounds fun!

Halfbloodpixie said...

I love reading your foodie blog posts :)