Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Crazy Sexy, Day 16

I'm in the home stretch y'all! And that means only five more days of the Crazy Sexy Diet before I get my celebratory post-cleanse meal of pizza and beer. And cake. But I can't dwell on that too much yet.

This morning started with another Sicilian Juice (carrots, spinach, red bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno, and celery), followed by a small bowl of One Degree Veganic Sprouted Ancient Maize Flakes with Unsweetened Coconut-Almond Milk.

Lunch was a Hummus Wrap with Kalamata Olives, Roasted Red Peppers, and Cucumbers on a Brown Rice Tortilla. And I had a side of the Farmer's Salad from Crazy Sexy Kitchen (a potato salad made with raw cashew aioli, fava beans, spinach, and red pepper).


When I was at Imagine Vegan Cafe, I picked up this Reallygoods Raw Fruit & Nut Thing to snack on this week.


So I opened the package and ate half as my afternoon snack. This was like a yummy bar made with bananas, raisins, macadamia nuts, walnuts, pecans, and coconut nectar.


It fueled me through a post-work shopping trip at American Apparel, where I had to use a Groupon that expires soon. I bought this!

I was super excited for dinner! A few weeks ago, Explore Asian sent me a box of their noodles to review. Some contained gluten, so I'll review those later. But they sent me a couple packs of gluten-free noodles too. I'd actually tried these Mung Bean Fettuccine Noodles before, so I knew I loved them. These have that light and chewy texture that I love in gluten-free noodles, and the taste is fairly neutral, so they stand up well to most any sauce.


I set some on to boil and reheated the Nana's Marinara from Crazy Sexy Kitchen that I made the night before. It's made with diced tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, and herbs. Simple and soul-soothing. I was inspired to try this recipe after seeing Sarah try it on her blog, Long Island Nerd. I always make as much food for supper the night before as possible, so I have less work to do in the kitchen when I get home. I hate cooking when I'm hungry! It only took minutes to put this meal on the table.


See those yellow crumbles? While I was making the marinara last night, I also made the Truffled Parmesan from Crazy Sexy Kitchen. You take pine nuts, truffle oil, nooch, onion powder, and a splash of water and blend them in the blender. When it's nice and smooth, you spread the paste on a dehydrator sheet and leave overnight. In the morning, when it's all dry and crispy, you crumble it up into parm sprinkles.

OMG. This stuff is ridic. Definitely better than any vegan parm I've had before. The truffle oil really sets this over the top. Of course, it'd be expensive as hell to make if you didn't already have a well-stocked pantry, but I just so happened to have a stockpile of pine nuts, truffle oil, and everything else I needed because I'm a food hoarder.

Oh, and I had a Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette from Crazy Sexy Kitchen with my pasta for dinner. Gotta get my greens and raw veggies!


2 comments:

Dana Vickerson said...

looks like such a yummy day!

Sheridan said...

YUMM!! Everything looks so good! That farmer's salad sounds amazing. I love fava beans! I need more of them in my life!