Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crazy Sexy Diet, Day 3

Another day gone by! Only 18 more days to go on my 21-day (mostly) sugar-free, (mostly) gluten-free, processed food-free, alcohol-free, coffee-free Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse.

This morning started off like the last two with a big glass of warm water with lemon, a cup of iced green tea, and a glass of Morning Glorious Juice (kale, romaine, green apple, broccoli stems, lemon, celery, and cucumber).


Mid-morning, I had Avo Toasts (avocado spread on sprouted grain bread with crushed red pepper, black pepper, lime juice, and sea salt) at my desk at work. Since I photographed these on Monday, I failed to do so today. I did remember to take a picture of this Organic Ambrosia Apple that I snacked on around 11 a.m. before my noon-time yoga class at Envision Memphis. I've been dividing the work day with lunch yoga every Wednesday or Thursday for some time, and it's just lovely.


You know, in case you didn't know what an apple looked like ...

Lunch, eaten at my desk after yoga class, was a new dish — Warm Kale & Quinoa Salad from Crazy Sexy Diet.


This was yummy and simple. When I read the recipe, I thought it'd have more kale and less quinoa. But that raw kale really shrinks up when it's tossed with the warm quinoa. There are also pine nuts and raisins tossed in, and it's seasoned with lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It's still pretty cold outside (thanks a lot, Polar Vortex), so it was nice to have a warm salad for lunch.

Around 3 p.m., I wanted to drink something toasty. But coffee is out of the question on this cleanse. Lucky for me, I had a sample bag of Hazelnut Teecino on my desk. LOVE THIS STUFF! It's an herbal coffee alternative that's caffeine-free. It's soooooo much better than tea. I just don't love hot tea. But this was thick and bold and slightly bitter like coffee. Yum.


Dinner was another serving of the Asian Stir-Raw with Miso-Ginger Sauce (raw veggies tossed with a spicy miso sauce and served on a bed of spiralized zucchini noodles. You can see a picture in Monday's post, but I thought you might wanna see my spiralizer in action.


I rarely use this thing, but I'm so glad I have it. Before I bought one, I used a veggie peeler to make raw "fettucine" noodles from zucchini, but it's just not the same.

10 comments:

Cassi Conyers said...

Great now I need a spiral slicer thingy.

Rachel from The Vegan Mishmash said...

Mmmm, I never noticed the quinoa salad in my copy of Crazy Sexy Diet. I think I'm going to have to give it a try.

Lauren Rose said...

Looks like the cleanse is going well thus far! I don't know where I'd be without my spiralizer - I use it usually once a week in some way (mostly for zucchini though!)

lysette said...

Cool! I just bought myself the same spiralizer for Christmas!

Dana Vickerson said...

I love your owl cup! I have a wine glass in that pattern from Kroger. The spiralizer is awesome. I didn't think I would use it as much as I do. Try jicama in it!

The Vegan Man Cave said...

Happy New Year! Been lazy about keeping up with my fav blogs. Where did you get your spiralizer? Online? I need one.

The Vegan Man Cave said...

Happy New Year! Been lazy about keeping up with my fav blogs. Where did you get your spiralizer? Online? I need one.

Bianca said...

Hey Vegan Man Cave! Nice to hear from you. I actually ordered it from Groupon awhile back when they were running a special. :-)

Sarah said...

Everything looks great as always but I'm LOVING that owl glass!! How adorable and it's holding such lovely, healthy goodness :) The warm salad for lunch sounds really tasty. Great job so far!

Anonymous said...

I love all your different drinking glasses, especially the ones with owls!

-Holly