Thursday, January 9, 2014

Crazy Sexy, Day 4

Day four on my 21-day Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse was all about leftovers! Buying enough produce for a week's worth of meals is no biggie, but add in the amount of produce for daily fresh juice and a Sunday juice fast (yep, that's coming up soon), and it can get very expensive. So I'm relying on leftovers to get me through this cleanse without breaking the bank.

On some days where I don't have new dishes to show you, I'll probably talk about other aspects of the cleanse — neti pots, dry brushing, meditation, etc. But tonight, it's late and I'm lazy. So I made a pic-stitch of all today's meals (all from Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Kitchen), even though you've seen different shots of them in my posts earlier this week.


The morning started off with my usual Morning Glorious green juice. And then I had the AJ's Power Smoothie (almond milk, raw almond butter, kale, cinnamon, strawberries, blueberries, and peaches) at my desk around 10 a.m.

Lunch was more Warm Kale & Quinoa Salad. And my afternoon snacks were Curried Cashews and a few mini sweet peppers. Dinner was another bowl of Lentil & Chard Ragout with Millet.

Yep, same stuff. Different day. But everything was just as delicious today! I did have a few boiled peanuts and a handful of stove-popped popcorn at my friend Shara's house this evening as we caught up on American Horror Story: Coven. Peanuts are not recommended on the cleanse because they're often sprayed with lots of pesticide (unless they're organic) and they're really acidic, but I'm not stressing over a few peanuts. Popcorn, however, is perfectly okay so long as it's not some gross microwave stuff.

And tomorrow, it's leftovers again. But I'm okay with that. I'll keep this post short tonight, but I''ll be back Sunday night with a weekend recap. I've got some fun stuff planned for the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm mostly vegan for 3 years (I eat vegetarian in restaurants if there is nothing else) and I love these posts on your Crazy Sexy Cleanse! I look forward to it every day. More vegan blogs should write what they are eating on a day to day basis. I have the Crazy Sexy Kitchen but didn't really know where to start and this is helping so much. Thank you!!