Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Crazy Sexy, Day 17

Today on the Crazy Sexy Diet started off just like every other day this week — with a Sicilian Juice from Crazy Sexy Kitchen. Here's the contents of my juice before juicing in my new Breville: spinach, tomato, carrots, garlic, red bell pepper, celery, and jalapeno.


My morning snack at my desk was another small bowl of One Degree Veganic Sprouted Ancient Maize Flakes with Coconut-Almond Milk. I've been enjoying this gluten-free, coconut palm sugar-sweetened cereal all week.


Lunch was a new recipe — Fruit and Almond Sandwich from Crazy Sexy Kitchen.


This is like a healthier twist on PB&J. There's raw almond butter, homemade date paste, cinnamon, bananas, and strawberries on sprouted grain bread. I'm not the world's biggest fan of fruit, but bananas and berries were so good with the almond butter and date paste on bread. I need more fruit and nut butter sandwiches in my life.

On the side, I had Carrots and Whole Foods Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I've eaten sooooo much hummus over the past 17 days! But I never, ever tire of hummus.


I snacked on some trail mix late in the afternoon while writing a blog post for work. Then I headed home and had a small bowl of leftover Farmer's Salad (potato salad made with cashew aioli, fava beans, red peppers, and spinach) from Crazy Sexy Kitchen before heading to Co-Motion Studio for my first Beginner's Hoopdance class.

Co-Motion is a new hula-hooping studio just a block from my house. I've been wanting to take a class there since they started offering them a couple weeks back, so I signed up for a five-week hoopdance series. Tonight, we did lots of hand-hooping and spinning the hoop down our bodies from above our heads.

After class, I heated up a bowl of leftover Nana's Marinara, Mung Bean Fettuccine, and Truffled Parmesan from Crazy Sexy Kitchen.

Only four more days to go!

4 comments:

Kyleigh said...

Hoopdance! Awesome! I love hoopdance. A good friend of mine is a hoop dance instructor in Australia, she does retreats and workshops in Bali and Arizona every year. Very cool stuff! Have fun!

Cadry said...

I'm really into juices like that Sicilian Juice. Garlic in a juice? Yes, please! Since it's been so cold here, I've been making this kind of thing in the Vitamix instead and then letting it get warm in the blender. It's like a smoothie meets soup.

I doubt we have hoop dance classes in our area, but that sounds super fun! I bought a cheap-o $3 hula hoop at Target a couple of years ago, and when I pull it out on occasion, I can't help but feel good. It's like skipping. You can't be unhappy and skip. It just doesn't work.

Barb@ThatWasVegan? said...

OK, I've never heard of hoopdance, so you're gonna have to share more about that! I wanna see pictures!

Michael said...

Had a great day 4, no sweets at all or overeating! This is getting easier, thank god. I am going to follow your cue and make sure I do not feel completely deprived since I did Eat to Live several times and have gone off the deep end once I am done...I like the general principles but feel it is too strict for me. I like the Crazy Sexy challenge. Thanks so much for inspiring me to try it, I was feeling pretty low and hopeless for a while with my eating habits.