Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pancakes!

I'm in the process of editing my cookbook again. In this second round of edits, I'm trying to get my manuscript in line with the Farm Book Publishing Company's current author guidelines. And there was a missing detail in my recipe for Cinnamon-Pecan Waffles.

So I made them again, measuring the amount of batter used in the waffle iron and the amount used for the variation recipe for Cinnamon-Pecan Pancakes. Only I super-varied and used walnuts instead of pecans. That's all I had!

I only made one waffle to test the measurements. But I made five pancakes! I ate one for breakfast this morning, but instead of smothering it with maple syrup, I schmeared it with peanut butter. Peanut butter trumps maple syrup every time. Am I right?

By the way, the cookbook is due out in late spring or early summer!! Finally! But I'll keep y'all posted.

10 comments:

The Health Sensei said...

maple syrup tops PB for me...always has, my entire life. i guess that's why i've recently found out i'm mildly allergic to maple syrup/sugar, it causes my sugars to tank :( realizing that was the worst part of my new program, and it's very true. every single time i eat anything with maple in it, my sugars go down to 0, which causes major health problems in the long run :(

JL goes Vegan said...

YAY! I've been waiting for this cookbook since I found your blog! Sooooo excited...for you and for me! :)

Paige Knowles said...

They look divine! And peanut butter makes absolutely everything taste great, hugely anticipating the book!

urban vegan said...

Can't wait for your cookbook!

xvavaveganx said...

Congrats on the progress with your cookbook, can't wait to check it out! It depends on what I'm topping but peanut butter is always a great way to go! The pancakes look so delicious!

Erin said...

For pancakes, maple syrup. For everything else (waffles included), peanut butter!

Ana Platano said...

i CANNOT wait for your cookbook.
:D

Jess of Midwest Vegan said...

I totally PB up my pancakes. Sometimes I get crazy and still put on some maple syrup...

Scissors and Spice said...

Hmmm... after reading your post on the coconut spread, I may have to try it on pancakes!

Can't wait for the cookbook!

tender b. said...

I can't wait to give these a try! We do jelly on ours.