Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crazy Sexy Day Sixteen

Only five more days left in the Crazy Sexy cleanse! It's hard to believe it's almost over, but I am really jonesin' for a cupcake. Or a glass of wine. And oh, a cup of coffee! I could really use a cup of coffee.

But enough about what I can't have. Here's what I could have today. I started my morning with another Green Guru Smoothie from Crazy Sexy Diet. It's made with avocado, romaine, banana, agave, and probiotic powder:

Mid-morning, I snacked on some more of the Forgiveness Trail Mix that I made yesterday. There's raw almonds, cashews, and pepitas mixed with goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, and cacao nibs:

Lunch was another Olive Quesadilla made with Daiya cheese, kalamata olives, roasted red pepper, and caramelized onions on a gluten-free tortilla. The recipe is included in Crazy Sexy Diet:

And more Salad with Raw Ranch Dressing:

My grandpa passed over the weekend after a long battle with Alzheimer's. His memorial was tonight, so there was no time for dinner since I had to make the hour drive to my hometown. So I packed some Cauliflower and Carrots with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and White Bean Dip for the car:

And I packed a few slices of raw Tomato-Basil Flatbread from Pure Pleasures:

Since I wasn't eating a proper sit-down dinner, I felt like I needed a special treat to make myself feel better about the change in my routine (yes, I'm crazy weird about my routines!). So I packed a slice of raw Chai Cheesecake from Pure Pleasures leftover from my friends' weekend vegan potluck:

I also ate an orange in the car, but I didn't get a picture. But you know what an orange looks like so ...

6 comments:

Chef Amber Shea said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa :(

The Appetite For Reduction Project said...

So sorry about your grandad.

The white bean dip sounds good, so does the cheesecake :)

Scissors and Spice said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hugs!

bitt said...

So sorry about your grandpa! That sort of ting always brings up lots of emotions, and food is very comforting. Hope the pie helped.

I will be sad when you stop the cleanse because I love seeing what you eat. But I know you will love that cupcake and coffee!

Amelia said...

I'm really sorry about your grandpa. That's always difficult. Nothing like pie to help you get through it, though :)

Sheridan said...

Very sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Bianca! Your "snack plate" for the car ride and pie look good. Hope your family is ok, I'll be thinking about you and them!