Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy 31st Birthday, Poopie Bitch!

If you're on the PPK, you've probably seen my friend Poopie Bitch (real name: Stephanie) dishing out baking tips or witty smart-ass comments. She used to be a blogger too, but then she had a kid and started using him as an excuse not to blog. Lame-o! But I'll forgive her because she feeds me delicious homemade vegan cake.

Stephanie celebrated her 31st birthday on Friday, even though her real birthday was on Saturday. Here's the birthday girl showing off the Vegan S'mores Basket I gave her:

It contained two bars of chocolate (one 54% and the other 70%), Sweet 'n' Sara Coconut Marshmallows, and homemade Graham Crackers from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar:



She had her birthday dinner at our fave Vietnamese joint — Pho Hoa Bihn. I ordered the Lemongrass Tofu with added broccoli (it typically comes without veggies, but they'll add them on request):

And Stephanie ordered the Green Beans with Tofu. Then we shared each others food:

But the real highlight of the night was dessert. Stephanie made Fauxstess Cupcakes from Vegan with a Vengeance:

These may be my favorite cupcakes of the moment (Mama, if you're reading this, remember this for my birthday this year). They're stuffed with cream, just like the real Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes. So delicious!

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

what a great birthday to share with stephanie! i especially love the homemade grahm crackers and the fauxstess cupcakes ;)

Shannon said...

I have been meaning to make graham crackers for a while now! But I have made the fauxstess cupcakes, and those are amazing.

Tierney @getyourvegon said...

What a coincidence! I had tofu with green beans yesterday.(yum)

I also absolutely love those cupcakes. I've made them before (sans the squiggle design) and they were amazing.

What a great way to celebrate!

Catherine said...

Sweets are always the best gift. :P The day looked yummy!

xvavaveganx said...

This looks like such a fun birthday celebration! The vegan s'mores basket is such a super cute gift idea! The cupcakes look delicious as do your dinners! Yum!