Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crazy Sexy Day Nine

Lots of new food on the Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse today! I started my morning with an Apple Sprout Smoothie made with apples, sprouts (duh), cucumber, coconut oil, and agave. I used Artisana coconut oil, which has a nice coconut flavor. Some coconut oils have a neutral flavor, but I wanted to taste the tropics in my glass. Plus, it had just enough healthy fat to keep me full until about 10:30 a.m., when I snacked on a grapefruit:

Lunch was Tofu Eggless Salad from Crazy Sexy Diet on Gluten-Free Food for Life Pecan Rice Bread. I can't tell you how happy I was when I saw that both tofu and Vegenaise were allowed on this cleanse in moderate amounts!

On the side, I had more Shaved Kale Avocado Salad. You might remember this picture from yesterday. Since the kale is massaged with avocado, and it tends to brown, I mixed the salad right before serving:

For Xmas, my dad ordered me a box of goodies from Vegan Essentials, and in that box were these raw food snacks from Audrey's Pleasure. They're nut-based raw crackers, and they're sooooo delicious. These Vegan Chick flavored crackers taste sorta like chicken:

Here's an extreme close-up! The Vegan Chick flavor is made with walnuts, cashews, fresh tomatoes, garlic, coconut, red onion, spices, and sea salt. But there are three other flavors. You can order them on Vegan Essentials here.

In addition to snacking on the Vegan Chick bites, I also had Carrot Sticks with Whole Foods Red Pepper Hummus. A friend introduced me to Whole Foods brand hummus on New Year's Day, and I'll never look back. The Whole Foods deli makes the BEST packaged hummus ever!

Dinner was Mexican Pilaf from Crazy Sexy Diet. The recipe calls for 3 cups of cooked or sprouted wild rice, but straight-up wild rice is crazy expensive here. So I bought Lundberg's Wild Blend from the Whole Foods bulk bins. It's a mix of wild and brown rice. The pilaf is coated in this amazing homemade sundried tomato paste that's totally to die for:

And in keeping with the 60/40 aspect (60% alkaline and 40% acid) of the Crazy Sexy Diet, I had a bigger salad than my serving of rice. This salad is topped with the Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette from the Crazy Sexy Diet:

For the dressing, I roasted four Roma tomatoes and then blended them with garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and spices. The book suggest adding a chipotle pepper for a southwestern style dressing, and since I was eating my salad with Mexican Pilaf, that seemed appropriate. The result was a hot, smoky dressing that's perfect for a spice lover like me.

9 comments:

foodfeud said...

The salad looks fabulous! Is that raw corn grated on there? Nice. Everything else looks pretty great too and I want to comment on the WF deli hummus - I agree! Definitely awesome flavor for fairly cheap.

EverythingMouse said...

All of this food looks so delicious. I particularly want to try the eggless tofu salad. Love that glass too!

Erin said...

Man, everything looks so super tasty! If those crackers taste anything like Chicken In a Biskit, I would love them.

Leslie Richman said...

Yum yum yum! You've inspired me to do a semi-cleanse (aka no coffee or booze!). Have you seen Going Raw by Judita Wignall? I am loving her recipes...like chocolate mint smoothie!

The Soulful Vegan said...

Wow! All of your food looks amazing! Great job!

tender b said...

The sundried paste looks really good!

Sasha Cohen said...

Thanks for the tip about the Whole Foods hummus!!! I always see it but have yet to buy it. Next Whole Foods trip, the red pepper hummus will be in my cart :)
thanks!

jared said...

Bianca you are making this cleanse look so manageable and delicious!

Ana Platano said...

Hey, Bianca! i ordered some stuff from the vegan essential site!!
HOLY JESUS, i cannot wait to recieve my packages.
THANK YOU for YOUR AWESOMENESS.