Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cheesy Crackers

Sorry for the long absence. I had a pretty crappy car accident on Wednesday, and I've been busy dealing with the doctor, the car rental place, insurance, and all that. Not much time for cooking! BTW, I'm fine. Just a little typical neck and back pain. But the car may be totaled. I was slammed from behind while stopped at a red light. Ouch!

Anyway, I made these Cheesy Crackers from the New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook:


I made them on Sunday to snack on throughout the week before going to the gym each day ... but after Wednesday's wreck, I've had to cancel all my gym classes. Hopefully, I can start back sometime next week.


My friend Leslie suggested I try these tasty wheat crackers, seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. I coated the tops with sesame and flax seeds before putting them in the oven. The recipe is rather simple. Mix up the dough, roll it out, cut out squares, and bake. I've been eating them with crunchy peanut butter. Yum!

13 comments:

Alicia said...

Ug, Bianca, so sorry to hear about your accident... I hope the neck pain goes away soon!
But it looks like you found tasty crackers to cheer you up :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I'm so so sorry about your accident!

I hope your pain goes away soon.

Your crackers look gorgeous!

urban vegan said...

So sorry about the accident. Thos crackers lok absolutely wonderful.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my goodness gracious!! I'm glad that you're okay after all that - stay safe, Bianca!!

On another note, those Cheesy Crackers look deeeeelicious! :0)

Anonymous said...

Haha - it's funny that you said that, because that's exactly what happened! Of course my sister HAD to 'announce' to anyone within earshot that I was a vegan when I arrived with food, I guess as a warning? :)

Apparently, one of my sister's friends also overheard me tell my other sister that the cupcakes were made with whole wheat flour. Later in the evening she came up to me and told me that she tried one of my cupcakes and they were "actually really good!". She was clearly shocked.

Those cheesy crackers look tasty AND nutritious!

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

The crackers look delicious! I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Neck and back pain can be really brutal. Acupuncture has been really awesome for me. Best of luck!

J said...

Oh my, that's so scary! Glad to hear that you are alright though.

Those crackers look awesome!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

God I am so glad to hear you are ok!!!!!! The crackers look great, and I like the idea of eating them with peanut butter because everything tastes better with peanut butter!

Theresa said...

Oh no Bianca, I'm glad to hear you're okay. The same thing happened to Andy last year... make sure to keep an eye on the neck and back pains because they become a problem later in life, I think. The crackers do look very yummy, though.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

So glad to hear that you weren't badly injured. Hopefully, you won't have any lasting pain. Those crackers look great!

Marisa L. S. said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your pain feels better soon. Sucks about your car but if you're mostly okay, that's what's most important!

Those crackers look awesome. I have the Farm cookbook too but I think it's the "old" one. I'll have to see if the recipe is in there!

KitteeBee said...

I hope you're on the mends these days. The New Farm is my most used and adored cookbook! I think I got my first copy 17 years ago...

xo
kittee

Veggie said...

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope your feeling better soon.

The crackers look great, I'm getting that cookbook.