Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cookie Love

I'm feeling the cookie love right now ... for two reasons. First (and most importantly), I was greeted this morning to a message from Jess the Domestic Vegan telling me that I'd won the Liz Lovely cookie sampler contest! This is what I'll get from the incredible, yummy Liz Lovely vegan cookies company:


A few weeks ago, Jess asked her readers to name their favorite cookie and one commenter would be randomly chosen to win the sampler pack. My favorite cookies just so happen to be Liz Lovely Cowgirl Cookies. I've only had them once, when I ordered a package from VeganEssentials, but I savored those two cookies like they were gold. I only allowed myself 1/4 of the cookie at a time so they'd last longer. Now, that won't be a problem. Thanks Jess and Liz Lovely!

On another cookie note, I made Beltaine Passion Cookies from the Llewellyn's Witches Datebook:



These spicy balls, chock full of ginger, clove, and cinnamon, are supposed to awaken your inner passions. Beltaine, or May Day (May 1), is an ancient Gaelic holiday, celebrating the fertility of the Earth.


The cookies were very ginger-y. The recipe called for five teaspoons of ground ginger and 1/2 cup of crystallized ginger. I left the crystallized stuff out because it's nasty. I can't imagine how spicy they'd be with it! There were tasty, but nothing compared to Liz Lovely!

9 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Oh Wow! Those cookies have just inspired me to do a little baking this weekend. They look scrumptious. I absolutely love ginger, thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

congratulations, gorgeous!!! enjoy all these beautiful cookies.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

As I wrote on Jess' blog, I'm SOOO thrilled that you won the cookie contest, Bianca!! Enjoy all those goodies :0)

Speaking of goodies, those Beltaine Passion Cookies sound heavenly!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love the second pic of your cookies, it makes it look sooo appetizing!

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl! I want! I want! I freakin' LOVE cookies - any cookies. And also: crystallized ginger nasty? No! I love that stuff! Ah well, to each his own :)

I know, sometimes I just crave something canned... isn't that awful? At least I'm not alone in that!

I will definitely be there! You're the cooking goddess, I really wouldn't know what to make for the demo! I'll tell you though, the first two things that popped into my head were: an easy gazpacho (because it's getting hot out there!) and: chocolate mousse (because it's so easy and because hey, it's chocolate!).

Let me know if you want/need any help - I'll be happy to chip in!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Anything with ginger sounds good to me.

Enjoy those cookies!!!

Theresa said...

I love crystallised ginger! And I'm making cookies this weekend to send up to Andy, so I might have a scout around for a recipe...

And congrats on the Liz Lovely cookies!

Alicia said...

Oh! I feel the cookie jealousy!

Jess said...

You are most welcome! I am so excited for you to eat all those delicious cookies--and not have to ration them 1/4 at a time. :) There are plenty to enjoy in that sampler pack!

Your cookies look fantastic, as well. I think we are cookie soulmates because I HATE crystallized ginger. I keep trying to like it, and each time I try it, I think I will... But not yet. Blech! Hmmm... I think the Liz Lovely ginger cookies have crystallized ginger on top of them, so you'll have to let me know how you like that kind especially.