Sunday, April 27, 2008

Noochy Popcorn

I have four favorite foods - vegan mac and cheese, fried tofu, Ramen noodles, and POPCORN!!! When I have a bowl of popcorn in front of me, I can't help but consume every kernel ... doesn't matter how much there is. I can eat an entire super extra-large movie theater popcorn by myself. I have no self-control around popcorn. Escpecially when it's Noochy Popcorn:


In case you don't already know, "nooch" is nutritional yeast. I also liberally dribble flax oil over my noochy corn, and then I spray it down with non-fat cooking spray and load it down with sea salt. Yummness!

Tonight, I settled in on my couch to relax and watch my copy of Juno, which came in the mail from my mom a couple days ago. You can't have a movie without popcorn, so I skipped dinner in favor of a big ol' bowl of it. I'd also eaten a giant Wild Oats vegan chocolate chip cookie and Silk coffee soymilk drink just a couple hours beforen dinnertime, so I wasn't all that hungry anyway. Popcorn really hit the spot.

How do you guys like your popcorn?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my popcorn plain... or... covered in caramel & peanuts, hehe! I don't mind nooch, but it never seems to stick!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gotta love popcorn!! I like mine sprinkled with a little rosemary :0)

Alicia said...

I'm not a big fan of popcorn (or anything that can stay between my teeth ;-)), but I understand the thing about having no self-control, hehe... I ate salty popcorn for years, because it is the way it is in Spain, but my boyfriend introduced me to sweet popcorn and now I'm torn...

Marisa L. S. said...

I love kettle korn!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... popcorn! I don't usually think to eat popcorn (don't know why!), but now I want some.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I actually don't like popcorn... how odd am I?

But if I did like it, I'm sure my favorite way would be chocolate-covered, of course!

Theresa said...

Nooch and garlic powder. Or, icing sugar and cinnamon, for dessert popcorn.

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

i nooche my popcorn too!

Anonymous said...

I've actually never had nooch on popcorn, but it sounds delightful! In a previous post you mentioned a wreck; hope you're ok! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard it referred to as nooch before...sounds kinda kinky to me. I like mine the Vaughan way with tons of melted soygarden & YEAST. Sometimes I spray it with braggs in place of the butter

KitteeBee said...

popcorn is pretty much the only thing that dazee makes for me, and we eat it alot. he makes it really good, too. we only buy organic corn and then cook it on the stove in oil then he salts it and puts nooch on mine. but when i make it, i add old bay, too. i like the spiciness and the taste of the celery seed.

xo
kittee

Anonymous said...

I had "noochy" popcorn the other day, but it was too "cheddar popcorn" tasting for me!

I either melt down some Earth Balance and pour it over the popcorn with sea salt (so unhealthy but amazing) or I pour some olive oil over it with garlic salt and italian spice mix

Anonymous said...

I think your version sounds great and I'd like to try it sometime! I don't eat popcorn much until I go to the movies and then I get it with the "layered butter," also known as
heart-attack-in-a-tub I think. Ha. Not so good for me.