Thursday, February 9, 2023

Winter Salad, Moong Dal, and Tabitha Brown Sauce

We're still in winter, but we're getting hints of spring here in Memphis with a few 60-ish degree days. And let's be real: I love soup and stew, but sometimes, I just want a fresh salad. So this week, on a 65-degree, sunny February day, I made the Winter Sunshine Salad from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. This is free of salad greens, but it has red grapefruit, red cabbage, shaved fennel, walnuts, cilantro, lime, and avocado, and it was very tasty. I had some sourdough with hummus on the side.

But I do still love me some stew. And I also made the Whole Moong Dal from Plant-Based India this week. Another hit from this awesome book! I love how these recipes call for authentic ingredients like hing and curry leaves. I served it with Indian-spiced brown rice and parantha.

I made a tofu scramble last week, and I had some left on Monday morning, so I made Breakfast Tacos with avocado and salsa. Everything is better in a taco.

And finally, here's a tasty Roasted Veggie and Tofu Bowl that I had late last week. It had quinoa, steamed kale, and roasted squash, mushrooms, and tofu seasoned with an herby mixture. But the star of the show was the Tabitha Brown Garlic Truffle Sauce on top. I bought a jar of it at Target, and it's fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know about the Tabitha Brown sauce. I have been meaning to try her products and now I know where to start! Thanks. - Sri.