Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Valentine's Dinner for One

Paul has had to work late every night this week, as he fills in for a coworker on vacation. And that meant we couldn't do a Valentine's date on Feb. 14. But we'll have a makeup dinner soon! Still yet, I couldn't let Valentine's pass me by without a fancy meal. So I had a hot date with myself! 

I had picked up the Tabitha Brown Sweet Pea & Basil Ravioli at Target a few weeks back, and I was saving it for a special occasion. So I made a white wine-garlic sauce with olive oil, Kite Hill plant-based butter, chardonnay, garlic, and red pepper flakes. And I steamed some broccolini. Then I tossed the ravioli and broccolini with the sauce. I topped it all with some Kelly's Roasted Garlic Parm (made with nuts and nooch). Voila! Fancy dinner in 15 minutes or less. I served it with a glass of red wine. 

Paul did make it home before my bedtime though. So we had a few minutes to exchange Valentine's. I got him some of his favorite truffles and gummy candies. And he got me this box of Lake Champlain Vegan Truffles in raspberry and dark chocolate. They're stuffed with chocolate coconut cream, and they are divine! (And one is missing because I ate it.)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I've been wondering about those Tabitha Brown products at Target! They sound really good, but I haven't bought any because they're kind of pricey (as opposed to just making my own food from scratch.) But maybe I'll splurge this week and try something- that dinner you made looks and sounds delicious!