Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thanksgiving with the Family!

Yesterday, I shared pics from our awesome pre-Thanksgiving Vegan Friendsgiving potluck. And tonight, I've got my family gathering photos. We did Thanksgiving lunch at my Me-Maw's house in Arkansas. But before I headed across the river, I ran the Memphis Hungry Turkey 5K and got a PR! I finally broke 30 minutes in my 5K time with a total time of 29:08. I've been working on this for years, so I'm pretty stoked.

After the race, I got cleaned up and headed to Me-Maw's. Here's a pic of my Me-Maw with my Uncle Grey Boy (yes, a cat is my uncle because she considers him a son).  

Here's my plate! My mom brought giant plates for us to use, so I may have gotten a bit too much food. But that's what Thanksgiving is all about, right? Forget gratitude. Let's be real: It's about stuffing your face. 

I roasted the Tofurky this year, and my mom brought regular animal turkey for everyone else.

But she made the rest of the dishes vegan, as usual. There was Mama's Famous Cornbread Dressing! Her dressing is SO GOOD. The recipe is in my cookbook, Cookin' Crunk, but it's just better when she makes it.

She also made her Vegan Hash Brown Casserole (also in my book) with hash browns, cheese, vegan cream of mushroom soup (made from scratch), and buttery cornflakes.

Those two dishes are yearly staples, but this year, she also made a Vegan Broccoli Cheese Casserole. Very tasty!

Me-Maw made Chickpeas, Corn, and Green Beans, and she made sure to use vegan butter in everything. Yay!

And finally, for dessert, we had Pecan Cream Pie. This was amazing. It was fall-ish, thanks to the pecans, but creamy and dreamy with vegan whipping cream and vegan cream cheese.

Here's a family photo! I love my family!

3 comments:

Vegkat said...

Love your uncle, hope he enjoyed your Thanksgiving feast! That pie looks great, wish I could have some. Congrats on your new record.

Susan said...

Congratulations on your PR! And looks like a wonderful day of food.

Cadry's Kitchen said...

Wow, it all looks so good! You really do Thanksgiving right. That's adorable about your Uncle. Congrats on the PR!!!