Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Plant Meats and More!

I got so excited when I first heard about Beyond Steak, so I started looking everywhere for it. But every place that had a spot on the freezer shelf for it was always out. And then one day, the Kroger near my house finally had it in stock. Yay!! I hoarded it in my deep freezer for a couple weeks while I thought about the perfect way to use it. And then it dawned on me — Steak Fajitas!

The Beyond Steak was SO GOOD. The little bits were very tender and juicy and, well, steak-y. They seemed much meatier than the Gardein Beefless Tips, which I've heard people compare them to. I sauteed these in a skillet with onions, peppers, and some homemade taco seasoning. And then I dressed my fajitas with some squeezy guac. Perfection! I can't wait to try the "steak" on a philly cheesesteak. That'll be my next experiment.

I heard on the Plant-Based Morning Show (my new favorite podcasts from the No Meat Athlete folks) that Burger King is doing $3 Whopper Wednesdays for a limited time, so I had to get one. You have to download the Burger King app and place the order online for it to work. So I did! I placed the order, drove to the BK a few blocks from my house, and my Impossible Whopper was waiting. I added some vegan mayo when I got home.

A couple Fridays ago, I met my friends Susan and Toby (both old Memphis Flyer coworkers) for lunch at Slider Inn. Slider has lots of vegan options, but my favorite are the Vegan Tofu and Cauliflower Wings. I also got a side salad with vegan ranch. Yum!

No comments: