Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sugarbearhair Vegan Hair Vitamins!

Last summer, Sugarbear — maker of awesome vegan gummy vitamins — sent me some of their Sleep Vitamins to try out. The melatonin/magnesium gummies had me yawning 30 minutes after taking them, and they helped me sleep through the night. When they offered to send their Hair Vitamins about a month ago, I was all in! If the sleep vitamins worked, I assumed the hair ones would be awesome too.

And they are! These berry-flavored gummies are gelatin-free and contain vitamins that help strengthen your hair and nails. They contain vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, iodine, zinc, and sodium. I have very thin, dry hair and brittle nails (thanks to my vata dosha!), so I need all the help I can get. 

I started taking the vitamins a month ago, and I waited 30 days before reporting results here because I wanted to give them time to do their job. I haven't had a trim or coloring job since last October because I don't see much point in getting my hair done during the pandemic when I'm working from home. So excuse my terrible roots, but my hair is looking shinier and seems to have more life to it than before. I've also noticed less hair coming out in my comb.

But the biggest improvement has been with my toenails! I'll spare you a picture, but as a long-distance runner, my toenails are pretty disgusting. I've lost a number of them after marathons or during training, and they never grow back right. Since I've been taking these, my toenail issues have cleared up somewhat. I still have a few funky ones that grew back too thick, but I'm not currently losing any toenails, which is a win. The ones I was losing have stopped breaking off, so I've been able to trim the dead nail back. Don't get into running if you're attached to your pretty feet! They won't stay that way! But these Hair Vitamins will help.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Your hair does look nice and shiny!!
I never knew runners had to deal with toenail issues! It makes sense now that I think about it. I'm glad the gummies are helping!