Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Cheeseburger Pizza! Fall Bagel Sammy! & More!

Last Sunday (Slice Sunday, y'all!), I made a quick gluten-free Cheeseburger Pizza. I had some gluten-free almond crust pizza dough mix that had been in the pantry forever, so I used that for the crust. And I topped it with fry sauce (mayo mixed with ketchup & mustard), Beyond burger crumbles cooked with some onion, Violife cheddar, and fresh tomatoes and then baked in the oven. After baking, I added pickles, ketchup, and mustard. This was REALLY good. The almond crust was cracker-like, so it was more like pizza cracker. But tasty!

Speaking of pizza, I tried the Morningstar Farms Pizza Bites a couple Sundays ago. These are really yummy! They remind of the pizza rolls from my childhood. I dipped them in ranch because why not? Also, I ate the whole bag in one sitting. I tried to just have the ones pictured on this plate, but I was still hungry, so I ate them all. 

I made some Sweet Potato Toasts for breakfast (from Eat Feel Fresh) a few days last week. This is the variation for pitta dosha types (I'm vata-pitta), and it has mashed black beans, coconut bacon bits, and cilantro.

I found the new Gardein canned soups at Kroger! I picked up a vegan Beef & Vegetable can and enjoyed that for lunch one day last week with a salad and some challah bread. It's really good. Reminds me of Campbell's beef & veggie, which I liked back in the day.

And finally, here is the most wonderful Bagel Sandwich from LuLu's. I ordered a poppyseed bagel to go, and I told Don to just work his magic with spreads and toppings. So he combined their homemade cashew cheese with some smoked pear slices. Perfection! I enjoyed it with a Sweet Potato Latte (with oatmilk) from Dr. Bean's (which is located next to LuLu's in Puck Food Hall).

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I've tried a lot of gluten free pizza crusts, but I've never tried making one with almond flour, I need to give that a try! Your sweet potato toasts are so pretty!

Susan said...

Cashew cheese and smoked pear is seriously inspired. I want some.