Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Second Booksigning!

We interrupt this Mofo to give you pics from my second Cookin' Crunk booksigning. It was at Booksellers at Laurelwood, which is probably the city's largest local bookstore.

I arrived at 5:45 p.m. and found my seat at the signing table:


The Booksellers has an in-store bistro, and they made several dishes from my cookbook to serve at the event. There was Chipotle Chickpea Chili:


And Butter Bean Bruschetta:


And Holy Mole Chocolate-Chili Cupcakes:


My last booksigning at Imagine Vegan Cafe was very successful, but admittedly, I knew 90 percent of the people who showed up for that one. But this time, lots of new folks came! Some were my friends on Facebook or blog readers, but I'd never met them personally. I met this lovely family as they helped themselves to some chili:


And here's a crowd shot before the room filled up:


There were probably about 30 people there by the time I started talking. People were standing up behind the last row of chairs! I gave a short talk on my tips for veganizing Southern cuisine, and then folks lined up to have their books signed.


It was such fun! I met lots of new people! Here I am with the event coordinator Macon (right) and my friend Dianna (left), who happens to work at the bookstore:


16 comments:

Cadry said...

Yay! I'm so glad it was a success!

xvavaveganx said...

Another amazing success! Enjoy it, you deserve it! :)

mom said...

Congratulations Bianca! We're glad your having so much fun selling your cookbook. The luckiest parents ever. Love you, mom & dad

Candy Beans said...

I hope you come to Baltimore some day!

Des said...

WOO HOO!! And you look so pretty! :) Its going to be a cold day in the Texas panhandle tomorrow so I had better make a batch of chipolte chickpea chili!

Tami said...

Looks like a great time! I'm enjoying your book!

kendra said...

If I didn't live 3800 km's away I'd totally have been there!

Southern Purple Veggie said...

Looks like such a great book signing.

River said...

Congratulations! Look at all those happy faces nomming away! By the way, you look gorgeous and cobalt is definitely your color! :)

moonsword said...

So excited for you...what a great turnout! Wish I could attend one...oh those lucky Crunkettes! :)

Anonymous said...

Please make a Vegan Crunk or Cookin Crunk Tshirt. Pleeeaasssse!!

Katie said...

YAY! You're famous!! :D Wish I could've been there!

Jesse @ Happy Go Lucky Vegan said...

Congrats on the great responses at your book signing! Those butter bean bruschetta bites look like a must try!

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks like so much fun Bianca! I love that the cafe made things from your book for people to try, I'd have been all over that Bruschetta!

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you, Bianca! You think I could get a copy of the book? Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

Melanie said...

How did I miss this? I am a new vegan living in Memphis (which seems to be an oxymoron...lol) and I loooooveyour blog! I hate I missed your book signing!! Will you have any more coming up? Also, thank you so much for all that you do to educate vegans on healthy and delicious options in Memphis. I've told so many of my friends about your blog!