Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crunch Time

I know I've promised a month of sandwiches for Mofo, but as I mentioned at the beginning of the month, I will occasionally deviate from my theme to fulfill my duties as a vegan product and cookbook reviewer (which is sort of what I've become, although definitely by happy accident).

Tonight, I want to tell you about an awesome new snack — Guiltless Gourmet Crunches! Now, I'm sure you're all familiar with the Guiltless Gourmet line of tortilla chips. They're baked, not fried, so you can eat about double the amount of what you can eat in regular chips without the guilt.

Now, Guiltless Gourmet has introduced a line of sweet 'n' salty nutty snacks. They sent me three flavors to sample. First, I opened the Guiltless Gourmet Crunches Nuts and Berries Nut Crunch:


These crunchy nut clusters are made with almonds, cashews, pecans, pistachios, dried cranberries, and dried cherries. And they're all held together with pure cane sugar and brown rice syrup. I'm not a dried fruit fan, unless that fruit is mixed with nuts. And then I love it! These were the perfect trail mix-like mid-morning pick-me-up.

Next, I tried the Guiltless Gourmet Crunches Roasted Cashew Crunch:


I was certain the fruity mix would be my fave of the bunch, but not so. I LOVED these! The salted, roasted cashews are held together with cane sugar and tapioca syrup, and they're just delicious.

Finally, I opened the Guiltless Gourmet Crunches Toasted Almond Crunch:


Ha ha! What was supposed to be a bag of tiny nut clusters was actually one giant cluster! I guess the product got too hot when shipping or something. But that's okay. I just tore off small pieces. These were also delicious, but I think I like the cashew kind the best. That's probably just because I prefer cashews over almonds. But all are amazing.


6 comments:

Meatloaf Recipe said...

It's make me so hungry! I can't wait to eat this :)

Michelle@HappyHeart said...

They sound incredible! Might have to see about getting them to Ireland!

xvavaveganx said...

OMG these look amazing! Thanks for the review!

Des said...

ooo the cashew looks the best :)

urban vegan said...

Mmmmm...crunchies!

John McDevitt said...

Mmmm!