Sunday, October 21, 2012

Last Birthday Post, I Swear

I'm one of those people who doesn't just have birthDAYs. I have "birth weeks." I like to milk that shiz for all it's worth, and my friends don't seem to mind. Since my birthday fell on a Tuesday, I celebrated last Sunday with my family, Tuesday with a small group of friends, Thursday on a birthday lunch with my co-workers, and the celebration culminated this past Saturday with a big ole Birthoween (that's birthday + Halloween) party at my friend Andy's house.

I have two Halloween costumes this year (one for this past weekend and another for real Halloween next weekend), and both are guaranteed to survive the apocalypse. When the world ends in December, only two things will remain — cockroaches (next week's costume) and Cher:


Yep, that's 1970s Cher. I had a costume change later in the evening and came out as "If I Could Turn Back Time" 1980s Cher:


Ha! It's not quite a sequined jumpsuit, but it was the closest thing I could find. People got it, and that's all that matters.

My friends Sheridan and Drew came into town from Little Rock. Drew was a crazy zipperface guy and Sheridan was a gypsy:


Okay, okay. I know you're really here for the food. Andy and Jordan, my friends who threw the party, aren't vegan. But they made a few vegan dishes for us to chow on. There were Vegan Pigs in Blankets:


And this amazing Chili Cream Cheese Dip. It's just a layer of vegan cream cheese topped with a layer of canned vegan chili and then baked in the oven. But it is SO GOOD! Especially with Fritos Scoops:


I'm lucky that one of my close friends happens to be a famous vegan baker! Stephanie (a.k.a. Poopie Bitch from the PPK) gifts me a fabulous vegan cake every year. And this year she outdid herself (as she always does). First, there were Rainbow Cupcakes!


Look inside!! OMG! This is unicorn food!


But she didn't stop there. No way. She made me a SPRINKLE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Every single inch of this cake was completely covered in sprinkles. She said it was a huge pain and that she'd never do it again. So if you're thinking about ordering a cake from Stephanie, don't ask for this or she'll kill me.

Oh, but she didn't stop at sprinkles. When we cut into the cake, I squealed with glee when I saw this! Rainbow frosting!!


Overall, it was a magical night. Loads of friends in fabulous costumes. Awesome presents. And sprinkle cake. That's all I really want out of life.

14 comments:

Sarah E. Jahier said...

Happy birthday!!

I'm so jealous you get to have a Halloween birthday! Looks like you had a great time and your costumes were awesome!

And OMG...those cupcakes and that cake are AMAZING!

Amey said...

holy shiitake - SPRINKLE CAKE!!!! with secret rainbow frosting inside!!! I am speechless with wonder and awe.

Barb@ThatWasVegan said...

I'm about to enter a new age cohort and AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT, so I'm avoiding my birthday this year... but maybe if I had a sprinkle cake it wouldn't be so bad ;)

moonsword said...

ohgoodgolly, I have sprinkle envy. ;)

VeganLinda said...

Great Cher costumes! Love the cupcakes and sprinkle cake too! What great bday fun!

foodfeud said...

Haha the Cher costumes are great. Well worth the rainbow cupcake. Also, Drew's zipperface is incredible!

Anonymous said...

That sprinkle cake with rainbow filling is out of this world! Love the Cher costumes, too :)

Allysia said...

Holy crap, you pull off a good Cher! I like that you did both the 70s and 80s version, ha ha! I absolutely love the zipper face, how did he do it? It looks so good. Your friend Stephanie is one badass baker, you're pretty spoiled. :) Glad you had a good birthday week!

xvavaveganx said...

Wow, you are a great Cher! You looked great in both costumes :) The zipper face is awesome!!! The food looks great but I'm obsessed with that sprinkle cake! It looks awesome!! And rainbow frosting and cupcakes are so fun!

Belle said...

That cake is awesome! You should ask her to make "unicorn poop" cookies.

Sheridan said...

Your party was sooooo much fun and Stephanie's baked rainbow goodies were DE-licious!! Love you! Birfday!

Nicole said...

My halloween is more Samhain and sober but I looove the costumes! Great Cher. And great food. Glad you had fun.

bookwormbethie said...

looks like you had a ton of fun. your cher costumes rock! best pair of costumes, ever!

and i agree with you about milking the birthday thing to, we definitely do birthday eves in our house!

Hasibur From Bangladesh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.