Monday, January 24, 2011

Daiya-Fueled Relapse!!

When I woke up Saturday morning, I was a free woman. After 21 days on a no-processed food/ no refined sugar/no beer/Vegan Kickstart meal plan, I was finally free to eat whatever I damn well chose. So what did I choose? A couple of melty slices of vegan Daiya-covered Mega-Veggie Pizza from Mellow Mushroom:

OMG, y'all! Relapse tasted so good. I met Stephanie, her husband Richard, and their baby Peter at the Mellow Mushroom in Germantown. Steph and I split a large Mega-Veggie, which was generously covered in melty Daiya mozzarella. I managed to down two slices, washed down with a Ghost River Wee Heavy porter (a local brew made from the waters of the Wolf River). I saved two more slices for lunch the next day.

After I got home, I ate a well-deserved vegan peanut butter cup. Remember these that Stephanie made me for Christmas?

Oh yea. Saturday was a good day. It was really the first chance I had to celebrate the send-off of my cookbook manuscript, which happened a week ago Friday. Yea! The book should be published within the year.

What would be your ultimate relapse food after 21 days of healthy eatin'?

14 comments:

The Health Sensei said...

....more healthy eatin ;) lol

Leslie Richman said...

I think some chocolate chip cookie/rice dream sandwich contraptions could be in order. Congrats on your cookbook milestone!

VeggieLow said...

congrats on finishing (and the cookbook!). i think i'd eat exactly what you just described haha... beer and daiya-pizza... but i'd finish w/ an entire tub of peanut butter zigzag from purely decadent. that would be an amazing meal :)

Sarah S. said...

That pizza looks awesome! I saw a Mellow Mushroom when I was in Gatlinburg, wish I knew that they had a vegan option, totally would have eaten there! Congrats on 21 days of clean eating, and welcome back to the dark side ;)

Erin said...

Nice! I can't think of a better way to break a cleanse than pizza, beer and chocolate :) Congrats on sending off the final manuscript!

Just Us said...

I think mine would be pizza too! Mellow Mushroom rocks!!!!!

Babette said...

Can't wait for your cookbook to be published and get cooking!

The ultimate relapse food for me would have to be chips or French fries with Vegenaise.

That pizza looks terrific... I can't wait for there to be vegan pizza where I live.

Teresa said...

My mouth is watering!
Seriously!

Krys said...

I would eat pizza, peanut butter cup and vegan chickun fingers with french fries and gravy. Hee hee.

Krys
twoveganboys

Unknown said...

Pizza and peanut butter cups sound like a great way to end a cleanse. I'd add some chips and salsa.

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Well, since I'm currently doing a 21 day detox, I can say I'm really looking forward to a cup of coffee. Not exactly food, but I sure do miss it!

Nicole said...

That pizza looks so good! Yum. I can't think of something that I'd choose to break the "cleanse". Maybe tempura avocado. Uhm, yeah. THAT!

Sandy said...

hehe! i did the kickstart also!
i ate a veggie hot dog on WHITE bread! lol
so tasty! but admittingly i have found that this week I am back to eating non-processed good stuff like the kickstart was!

The Slow One said...

Congrats on your 21 day cleanse! How did you feel?
Do you think ALL Mellow Mushrooms offer Daiya? I'm very excited about the idea.