Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tomato Rosemary Heaven

A couple weeks ago, Nora from Pride & Vegudice responded to a Facebook status I'd posted about having too much free time one weekend. She insisted that I use my plan-less weekend to make the Tomato Rosemary Scones from Vegan Brunch. Though I ended up not having time to make the scones that weekend, I finally heeded her advice the past Sunday night:

I've been eating these magnificently awesome scones for breakfast every day this week with a tall glass of So Delicious Coconut Milk and a side of iced green tea. These are so amazingly good!

Even my omni boyfriend (who's vacationing in Memphis for a week ... he lives three hours away) loves 'em. He's been dipping into my stash of frozen scones ... much to my chagrin. But at the same time, I'm happy that he likes vegan food. I always freeze half a batch of any baked breakfast good and then thaw them out the night before I plan to eat them, that way they're still oven-fresh.

These are bready enough for breakfast, but savory enough to eat with dinner. And the texture couldn't be better. Isa has truly mastered the scone with this recipe. After the Vegan Brunch tofu omelet, I think this scone recipe is my second favorite I've tried thus far.

14 comments:

A said...

Tisk tisk, naughty boyfriend for stealing your good eats.... But after looking at the picture i can't say I blame him!!! They look delicious!!! I'd probably raid your stash too!!
-A

nora said...

mmmmm frozen scone stash! good idea! :) i'm glad they lived up to my hype.

i'm making the tofu omelet tomorrow!

also, not a big deal at all, but i changed my blog name from "my cup of tea" to "pride & vegudice" when i changed it from a regular blog to a veg blog! just so ppl don't click that and go, "what?!" haha

Virginia said...

i still haven't tried these!! ahhhh!

Anonymous said...

I need these now! haha

Gina said...

I finally bought Vegan Brunch and this is definitely next on my list. Oh, and I LOVE the SO Delicious Coconut Milk!!

Jen said...

i need to get vegan brunch. but here's the prob: no money and i don't get enough mileage from the other great cook books i have. those look really good, although i wonder how basil would suit as a replacement. women who are preggars have to watch their rosemary intake, b/c it causes uterine contractions.

and i totally stand by the freezability of scones. did that with a batch of the banana date ones from vcon.

MeloMeals said...

Those look great! I just got the cookbook and am excited about it.

Erin said...

Too much free time on a weekend? That only exists in my dreams :) I'm sure once I have VB I'll be using weekend time to make those scones though, the color is incredible.

jb said...

Mmm these look scrumptious!

Cyn said...

That scone looks so delicious! I definitely need to make those. Yum.

jessy said...

#1. those look freak'n glorious & the combination of tomato & rosemary sounds soooo scrumptious!!!
#2. my silly ass has never had a scone before.
#3. i need to buy vegan brunch for this recipe alone!

hoooooray!

Veganissexy said...

Those look scrumptious..and boy friendly too! My husband loves those awful cheese biscuts from Red Lobster...so I'm sure he'd love a savory scone like those!

Mihl said...

That's a beautiful picture, Bianca! I am also planning to make these on a weekend and then freeze them. They sound fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I made four batches of these last week for work functions - and they all disappeared! Delicious!