Thursday, April 7, 2022

Lentil Soup, Tofu Tacos, & Tofu Spaghetti!

Last week, I made Fiona's Feast from The Plant-Based Athlete. It's a lentil soup with potatoes and carrots from Fiona Oakes, a world record-setting marathoner. Very simple recipe and very filling. The instructions said to puree all of the soup, but I like texture so I only pureed half of it.

Last Friday, for pre-run pasta night, I used some leftover baked tofu so I added it to my spaghetti, along with some kale, for Tofu Spaghetti. It wasn't your traditional pasta protein, but it was very tasty! Served with some sprouted grain garlic toast.

Speaking of tofu, I had a free coupon for any Hodo product, but the only Hodo product my Sprouts carries are the Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles. So I picked some up and made Adobo Tofu Tacos with vegan cheddar, avocado, and my dad's homemade salsa (which he sent home with me this weekend ... it's so good!).

And finally, here's a not-so-sexy bowl of Savory Cheesy Oats with nooch, broccoli, spinach, toasted walnuts, hemp seeds, and Wicked Foods sriracha (which I got on sale at Kroger!). 

No comments: