Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Easy Fried Rice, Black Bean Pasta, & More!

I had a hankering for some Just Egg the other day, but I didn't bother to look at the date on the bottle in the store. I noticed when I got home that it said "expires April 19." I've never been one to care much about that sort of thing, but I've heard that Just Egg goes bad pretty quickly. I've never had that experience, but I always try to use it before the date. That said, as long as it passes the sniff test, I'll still eat it. But in an effort to use it quickly, I made some Tofu & Veggie Fried Rice using day-old brown rice, air-fried tofu, Just Egg, frozen carrots and broccoli, onion, and spinach. Plus, a little sesame oil for flavor. A perfect lunch!

I also had some for breakfast yesterday with a side of Avocado Toast on LuLu's whole wheat sourdough.

Speaking of LuLu's, I also picked up this tasty Potato Focaccia from their stand at the Cooper-Young Farmer's Market on Saturday. A perfect post-10-mile run treat! I went to the market and then stuck around CY for a run, so this was waiting for me in the car after my workout.

Here's my weekly Raw Girls lunch from Monday! I got their Black Bean Pasta, which is tossed with hemp seeds and comes with sides of pesto and fresh tomato salsa. Man, this is SO GOOD. The protein pasta dishes at Raw Girls are my fave (well, those and the falafel bowl).

2 comments:

Barb said...

I used some well past the date last week and it was fine for me, too!

Jenny said...

Well now I'm craving fried rice! Yours looks delicious. I agree it's an easy thing to make, and I like to throw in whatever vegetables are lingering in the fridge. Good to know about the Just Egg- I'm usually pretty casual about expiration dates. I'll be careful in the future!