Monday, April 25, 2022

Chickpea Mac, Pumpkin Pesto, & a Tofu Wrap

Several weeks ago, I picked up a box of Banza Vegan Mac & Cheese. I love Banza pasta, which is made from chickpeas, as a high-protein pasta option. Sometimes you want lots of carbs, and other times, I want my pasta to be filled with protein. I finally made the mac last week and enjoyed some in a dinner fit for a three-year-old — Fry's Family Vegan Chicken Nuggets with Spicy Maple Mustard, Banza Mac & Cheese, and Sauteed Swiss Chard (from the farmers' market).


The mac was really good. The powdered sauce mix was made with all whole food ingredients, like sweet potato, nooch, and pumpkin. I mixed the leftovers with some sauteed broccoli the next day for a tasty bowl.


Last Friday, the night before my long run, I opened a jar of Wicked Foods Pumpkin Pesto and mixed with whole wheat penne and toasted pumpkin and sesame seeds (as recommended on the jar). This was fantastic! Creamy, pumpkiny, perfect with sides of chard and broccoli while watching Bad Vegan. Y'all, have you watched this yet??? I had no idea how crazy Sarma's story was!


Earlier in the day on Friday, I biked to Young Avenue Deli to meet my old Memphis Flyer coworkers Susan and Toby for lunch. The deli has a lot of vegan stuff, but my go-to is always the Hummus Pita (add fried tofu). The tofu is a $3 up-charge, but it's worth it. The Deli has really great fries, but Susan ordered some for the table. So I got a side salad as my side.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Where did you find the Banza Mc & Cheese? Sounds great!

Bianca said...

Hey Jenny! Found it at Whole Foods!

Susan said...

I had no idea about most of the Bad Vegan story until I watched it. It is really disturbing!