Thursday, December 17, 2020

Italian Takeout! Tacos! Tofu!

Tonight (Takeout Thursday!), I ordered delivery from Pizzeria Trasimeno in Crosstown Concourse. They deliver for free within four miles of Concourse, and I'm quarantining for Christmas, so delivery it was! They just added a Perugia Panini (roasted veggie with vegan pesto) to their menu, and I was excited to try it. It has roasted red peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, red onions, and artichoke hearts with vegan pesto on fresh-baked focaccia. It was still warm from the oven when it arrived on my doorstep!

They also just added Wood-fired Olives to the menu, and I love olives! So I added that to my order. They're served with sliced, toasted baguette. Nothing beats the combo of warm olives, warm bread, and cold wine (from a box, in my fridge). 

Last Taco Tuesday, I had an 8-mile run on the training schedule. I typically run in the mornings, but finding time to run longer that 6-7 miles is tough before work. So I decided to move my run to the evening. Plus, it's super-cold here all of a sudden with temps in the 30s (y'all, I know that's not cold if you live up North, but down South, that's COLD. We're not acclimated for that kind of weather!). Turns out, the temps never warmed above 35, and when I headed out for a run at 5:30 pm, it was SNOWING. It's not supposed to snow in Memphis! Anyway, it was beautiful, even though it didn't stick or last long. 

I came home to warm Black Bean Potato Tacos. I had everything cooked and ready to reheat when I walked in the door. Black beans cooked with spinach, corn, and spices and air-fried potatoes. Topped with guac and some Daiya. Just what I needed!

Last night, I made the Pan-Seared Ginger Lime Tofu from Clean Start by Terry Walters and served it atop some stir-fried bok choy, mushrooms, and brown rice. The tofu was glazed with a lime-maple-ginger-soy sauce, and it was so delicious.

I'm trying to cook my way through my massive cookbook collection by choosing one or two recipes per book, and I'm loving this book. It's organized by seasons, and this was in the fall chapter. 

2 comments:

Hillary said...

That sandwich sounds so incredible. I miss all the delicious breads that make great sandwiches and dips for soups!
Black beans and potatoes are one of my favorite combos for tacos.

Sarah said...

OMG that panini is gorgeous and I can imagine it was so tasty! The tacos look perfect and filling and the combo sounds delicious. I'll def have to try that!