Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Butternut Mac, Sheet Pan Meals & Moroccan Soup!

The week before Thanksgiving, I was trying extra hard to eat mostly whole foods since I knew I'd be subsisting on plant meat and casseroles for days after the holiday. I got some butternut squash in my CSA, so I made my favorite recipe for Butternut Squash Mac & Cheeze. It's from No Meat Athlete's Health Made Simple program, so I can't link to the recipe since it's a subscription site. It's unlike other versions I've made because you not only roast the squash, but you also roast the other veggies that go in the sauce (onions, garlic, shallots). The roasting makes for a super tasty caramelized flavor. I served this with some braised mustard greens (also from my CSA) on the side.

Here's a recent burger! Gardein Black Bean Chipotle with Chao Cheese, plus some air-fried fries with homemade fry sauce for dipping. I ate this after a Saturday long run (10 miles, maybe?).

Here's another burger! But this time, I had PlantMade Buffalo Cauliflower with vegan ranch on the side. The PlantMade buffalo cauliflower comes frozen, and I just toss it into the air fryer. It's by far by favorite frozen convenience food.

On a recent Monk Bowl Monday, I made the Sheet Pan Meal from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook and served over farro. This recipe is just a blueprint because you can roast any veggies and tofu together, add some seasoning, and – boom! — dinner is ready. I roasted daikon, cauliflower (both from my CSA), sweet potato, and tofu. I topped this with a little TJ's Green Dragon sauce.

And finally, here's a tasty Soup Sunday meal. I made the Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup from Eat Feel Fresh. It's got lentils, chickpeas, kale, and Moroccan spices, like cinnamon, and it's topped with cashew cream. Super filling and delicious!

No comments: