Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Vegan Easter Bunny Arrived!

I got a special delivery in the mail on Wednesday! Every year, my dad orders me treats from Vegan Essentials for my "Easter basket." Yes, I'm almost 40, and I still get an Easter basket! My parents are awesome.

This year, since I can't physically see my parents (because I don't want to risk unknowingly spreading COVID-19), my dad picked out a few items from Vegan Essentials and had them shipped to my house. He asked for suggestions, and I said "anything with chocolate and peanut butter or caramel", and I hinted that I'd like to try the new Beanfield's Vegan Cracklins. I'm on a vegan pork rind kick these days. Here's what he picked out!


The big Easter surprise was this Sjaak's Dark Chocolate Chunky Peanut Butter with Caramel Egg!


It's a hefty egg, and I was pleasantly surprised to find the whole thing stuffed with peanut butter and a caramel swirl. I always loved the Reese's PB eggs, and this is like a giant one! Sjaak's makes the best chocolates!


My dad picked out these Amy E's Bakery Caramel Cashew Bars, which also really surprised me when I cut into them. I wasn't sure how much caramel or cashew would be stuffed inside, but it's a lot! This bar reminded me of a Snickers but better — because cashews are better than peanuts, and there's no yucky nougat. 


The Beanfield's Korean BBQ Cracklins are awesome! I'm planning a review post soon for another brand of vegan pork rinds (made with puffed rice), and these are very similar to those in taste, but they're made with beans. The Korean BBQ flavor was the only one in stock on Vegan Essentials when he ordered (Vegan Essentials has been hit with pandemic shopping!), but I'm glad this was flavor was left. It's a spicy-sweet barbecue cracklin with lots of crunch! 


Hope y'all have a Happy Easter this Sunday! I don't celebrate in a religious sense, but I'm all about tofu eggs, Easter bunnies, and spring picnics (enjoyed only with your quarantine partners, of course)!

No comments: