Thursday, April 30, 2020

Pizza! Curry! Kale!

Imagine Vegan Cafe has been killing it lately! To keep the takeout business alive and booming, they've been really stepping it up with specials and more desserts than ever. Last Friday, they had PIZZA NIGHT! Imagine doesn't offer pizza anymore on the regular menu, but they occasionally offer it on special. They had a number of pizza options last Friday, but I picked Buffalo Chicken Pizza with vegan mozz, carrots, celery, and vegan ranch (plus, garlic butter for dipping!). OH MY GAWD, y'all. So amazing. I ate on this pizza for days!!


I had everything in my well-stocked pantry and fridge to make the Better Than Takeout Curry from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook last night, so I whipped this up. It's one of my favorite recipes from the book, and I was excited to enjoy it again. This has red lentils, cauliflower, sweet potato, white potato, bell pepper, and carrots so it's loaded with veggies!


I also had everything to make the Classic Kale Salad from that same cookbook, so I made a small batch to enjoy as a pre-dinner snack over the next couple days. Kale is massaged with olive oil and vinegar and tossed with beets, carrots, bell pepper, celery, seeds, and dried fruit (I used sunflower and cranberries). I love snacking on salad before dinner!


And finally, here's ANOTHER bowl of Overnight Oats! I can't get enough! This is topped with blueberries, strawberries, banana, and coconut clusters.


As you can see, my made-at-home meals are waaaaay healthier than my takeout meals, as it should be!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I need to make that curry!

Hillary said...

That pizza sounds amazing!
I'm totally craving kale salad right now!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

OMG that pizza, wow! It looks incredible. The overnight oats look really refreshing and I don't even like raw kale and I want kale salad :) Yours looks amazing!