Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Tacos! Mexican Pizzas! Ethiopian Food!

Happy Xmas Eve! Before I head to my parents' house to celebrate, I wanted to unload a few random food pics, so here's a little "stuff I ate" international food edition. I've been enjoying lots of Mexican food lately. Here are some Pinto Bean Tacos with vegan cheddar, avocado, Good Karma sour cream, and salsa. Side of Siete Foods cashew queso (y'all, this stuff is amazing).


My parents and I had dinner a couple weeks ago at Pancho's in West Memphis. Pancho's is an old-school local Mexican restaurant chain best-known for their cheese dip. If you live in Memphis, you love Pancho's cheese dip. It runs in our veins here. I've often said it's the one non-vegan food I miss the most. But my mom makes a vegan Pancho's dip that's pretty damn close to the original, and she snuck some in to the restaurant. Go mom! I enjoyed my dip with chips, plus a Spinach Mexican Pizza. My mom also snuck in vegan cheese shreds for my pizza. Ha!


Here's a not-so-pretty Burrito Bowl enjoyed at my desk one day last week. It had Spanish rice, black beans, slaw, salsa, avocado, and Good Karma sour cream.


Last week, I thawed the Tortilla Soup that I'd gotten in our Souper Sunday Vegan Soup Swap a couple months back. This tangy tomato-y soup had lots of jalapenos, and I added corn tortillas, vegan cheese, and Good Karma sour cream.


And finally, here's a dish that's not inspired by Mexican food! We had our December Vegan Drinks meetup at Blue Nile, where almost everyone ordered the amazing Vegetable Platter with tofu tibs, all sorts of wats, and yummy veggies. Ethiopian food is my very fave.


Merry Xmas, y'all! I'll check back in after the holiday with a full post of Christmas eats!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I love Ethiopian food so much too!
I love your mom!
Happy Holidays!!

Susan said...

You mum is a legend!