Thursday, September 27, 2018

Vegan Dude Foods Potato Chips

I'm on the Vegan Essentials newsletter list, so every month, I get emails highlighting hot new vegan products that I'd previously never heard of (but suddenly can't live without). My dad also gets these emails since he's the best dad ever and often places just-because gift orders for vegan care packages for me!

A few weeks ago, Vegan Essentials showcased some new chips in their email by Vegan Dude Foods. They come in Cheddar & Sour Cream, Cheese Pizza, and Pyro Hot. Now I've LONG been saying somebody needed to come up with a vegan sour cream and cheddar chip. A few years ago, Earth Balance released their Sour Cream & Onion chips (filling a very large chip-sized hole in my heart). But cheddar and sour cream was still missing from my life.


Well no more! My awesome dad took a hint from me when I forwarded him the email newsletter with the note "man, those chips sound good!" A chip lover himself, my dad understood my longing and immediately placed an order for me. Isn't he the best?!


Turns out, those chips were GOOD. So good that I'd say they're the best chips I've ever had. Each chip is bursting with flavor, and they taste just like the classic junk food chips of childhood (not some healthy chip purporting to be junky — as so often happens with vegan chips).


The seasonings vary depending on the flavor, but all contain nooch. I'm pretty sure that's what makes them extra delicious. My fave was, of course, the Cheddar & Sour Cream flavor, but Cheese Pizza (it really did taste like cheese pizza!) was a close second. Pyro Hot were awesome too, but they were only mildly spicy (which is good because too many spicy chips make my nose run — not a good look when eating lunch at the office).

Vegan Dude Foods also makes Damn Good Ham and Premium Pepperoni vegan meat products. I haven't tried them yet, but I'd like too soon! You can find the chips online at Vegan Essentials or in-store at Food Fight, Rabbit Food, and Vegan Haven (if you're lucky enough to live in Portland, Austin, or Seattle!).

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I agree with you about vegan chips! I want a chip to be junk food-y, it's a chip!! All the flavors sound good! You really do have the sweetest dad ever!

Cadry said...

How fun! It's so sweet that your dad sends you impromptu care packages. I'd be all over those chips too! And I completely agree that sometimes I want a junky chip. I want it to really scratch that itch with oil & salt.

Sarah said...

Awww how nice of Papa Crunk to order them for you!! The chips do look delicious and that's amazing that they made a cheddar and sour cream flavor. That is definitely not something I've seen and that's amazing that it exists now! And I agree, a chip needs to be junk food-y. That's the fun of it!