Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Pretty(ish) Food & Ugly Food

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a post planned, but it's a sponsored recipe post, and I forgot that the brand wanted me to wait and post it on a certain day. So that one will have to wait. But until then, I've got a another — very short — Stuff I Ate round up. And I have to warn y'all, it's not very exciting (or pretty). But it accurately reflects how I've been eating this week, so here ya go.

We'll start with this lovely breakfast that I've been enjoying this week. And I think it's actually pretty nice to look at. I bought some homemade Cranberry Walnut Bread at the Church Health bake sale last week. I sliced it and froze it so I could pull out slices as needed. This week, I've been enjoying the bread for breakfast with a smear of Miyoko's Creamery Plainly Classic Vegan Cream Cheese. 


I was sooooooo stoked to find this cream cheese at Sprouts! It's the first time I've seen it sold around here.

Yesterday morning, a co-worker came to my desk with an offer of Vegan Fig Streusel Muffins from Lucy J's Bakery, the new bakery in Crosstown Concourse. They just opened, and they're working on adding vegan options. So I was excited to try these. And they were amazing!! Way to go Lucy J's! Nailed it.


And now for the not-pretty part. I found a bunch of frozen meals on clearance at Kroger a few weeks back, including an Amy's Vegetable Korma entree for $2! Not pretty but pretty darn yummy for a frozen meal.


I don't eat frozen meals often, but sometimes, you need something fast and quick. And yesterday was one of those days. I was so busy catching up from the holiday that I needed something like this. I ate this at my desk at work with a side salad that I packed.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I always have some sort of convenience meal ready in case of emergency. They are not the prettiest, but they do the job!

Sarah said...

I think it all looks great! The fig muffin sounds so incredible and you definitely can't beat some amazing homemade bread.