Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August Goddess Provisions Box!

I subscribe to the monthly Goddess Provisions box (from the same folks who bring you Vegan Cuts snack and beauty boxes), which comes stuffed with a grab bag of crystals, essential oils, teas, vegan beauty products, chocolate, vegan snacks, and jewelry. I like to do unpacking posts here with each box because receiving my box is one of the highlights of my month!

My August box arrived a couple days ago. Each month has a theme, and this one was "Meditate and Celebrate," so it was stuffed with meditation aids and some random fun items.


From left to right, top to bottom: Karma Nuts Wrapped Cashews, 100% Pure Gemmed lip gloss in "Citrine," Soulful Essence "Meditation Station" essential oil blend, Gypsy Soul Organics "Barefoot Island" Balance & Relax spray, an Ebb & Flow "Midnight Moonlight" soy candle, a rose quartz sphere, and a retrograde pin from Weird Empire.

Of course, my favorite items are always the crystals. Each box has a crystal, and they just keep getting bigger and better every month. Rose quartz is the crystal of unconditional love and compassion, and this perfectly round stone reminds me of a tiny crystal ball.


I'm also so in love with this pin! As you may know, Mercury goes into retrograde again later this month. The retrograde has a reputation for causing technology upsets and general communication breakdowns. But it's fun to spin that negative into a funny with this pin. I checked out the other pins on Weird Empire's website, and I want to collect them all.


The Gemmed lip gloss is made with real fruit pigments and crystal dust! Seriously, crystal dust. It gets its sparkle and shine from ground-up labradorite, moonstone, opal, pyrite, and sunstone. There were several different colors that Goddess Provisions randomly distributed. Mine is called Citrine, and it's a deep orange-y pink.


Classic putting-lip-gloss-on-in-the-car selfie! I promise I wasn't driving at the time.


Nearly every month's box contains some essential oil blend to match the box's theme. This Soulful Essence blend, made with juniper and frankincense, is designed to aid with meditation. It even comes with a mantra, which I repeated last night as I tried out its meditative powers. This oil helped me get into a calm, meditative state.


There was also an aromatherapy spray in this month's box. The Gypsy Soul Organics Barefoot Island spray is designed to help you relax and balance with lavender and cedarwood. It's a calming woodsy blend, and they recommend using it before a restorative yoga practice. I sprayed a bit on tonight before my hoop yoga (restorative yoga with hula hoops!) class at Co-Motion Studio. It may have relaxed me a little too much because I almost fell asleep in savasana (that may also have been due to the fact that I didn't get enough sleep last night).


There was yet another smell-good thing in this box! This soy candle from Ebb & Flow has an AMAZING scent. It's made with sandalwood and amber, two of my favorite essential oils. I burned it while meditating last night, and it smelled so great that I left it burning while I took a nice, relaxing bath. 


There's typically always some sort of edible item in the Goddess box. Some months, that's tea or chocolate. But this month, it was a savory bag of Karma Nuts Wrapped Cashews. These are dry-roasted cashews that are roasted in their skins, which gives them an extra crunch. I'd never eaten cashew skins, but they added a depth of flavor that's missing from most cashews. I'd buy these again and again!


I'm a Goddess Provisions ambassador, which means I make a couple bucks if anyone signs up using this link. I don't get my boxes free though, just to be clear. I subscribe and pay the $33 a month, and it's totally worth it. You always get all full-sized items (no sample sizes in this box!), and the value of the items always exceeds what you actually pay. It's a great deal, and the boxes are so much fun!

No comments: