Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Stuffed Squash, Stuffing Casserole, & Game Day Snax

I’ve been steadily working my way through Tabitha Brown’s Cooking from the Spirit book, which is filled with recipes that don’t have measurements. She lists out ingredients and loose instructions, but the rest is up to you. And I love that! I’m a bit of a free spirit, but I’m also very Type A. So when measurements are given, I tend to follow them. But really, I just want to be free!

I made this Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recently from the book, and it was as good as it looked! The squash was baked and then topped with a mix of sauteed Field Roast sausage, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and marinara, and that was topped with shredded vegan cheese and Kelly’s vegan parm (she uses that a lot, and it’s my fave).



For Yule, back on Dec. 21, I made the Chicken & Stuffing Casserole from the Sabbat’s Almanac. The recipe wasn’t vegan, but it included vegan suggestions, including using vegan chicken (I used the Dare chicken pieces), dairy-free cheese (I used Chao), and vegan stuffing mix (I found that at Sprouts). The combo of chicken, cheese, and stuffing sounds a little weird, but it was actually super good. On the side, I made the Garlic Roasted Veggies from that book.


And finally, here’s a pre-Memphis Grizzlies game day meal enjoyed with friends at Slider Inn. Last month, our friend Melissa flew over from Florida for a girl’s night out at the game. We gathered at Slider first, and I got my usual Tofu & Cauli Wings with vegan ranch. We ended up losing that game, but we lucked into courtside seats, so the experience was one I’ll probably never have again. I’ve never been so close to NBA players!!


No comments: