Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Soups Forever!

Just a couple days ago, I did a soup post. And here's another one! I'm telling y'all, soup is what gets me through the winter. It's like the only bright light in a sad, dark, cold hole. On New Year's Day, I made my traditional Blackeyed Peas & Cabbage with Cornbread. I wouldn't dare let a New Year's Day go by without this meal for fear I'd be stricken with misfortune.

Here's a recent meal from Lulu's Bakery & Cafe. I got the Breakfast Sando on the everything focaccia bread. It typically comes on a sourdough bun, but I wanted to mix it up. The sandwich has tofu egg, cashew cheese, and smoked beet bacon. They change the "bacon" veggie up based on what's in season. Sometimes, it's carrots. Other times, it's mushrooms. On the side, I had a delicious cup of Turnip Soup. I love turnips!

I had a cold the week of Christmas, and I made a comforting bowl of Gardein Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup with a Grilled Cheese.


And here's the 20-Minute Ramen from Oodles and Oodles of Vegan Noodles cookbook, which I really intend to review soon. But this is the only thing I've made so far. The recipe is just a super-simple broth with noodles, scallions, and chili-crisp. But I added tofu and some frozen veggies.

No comments: