Monday, January 29, 2024

Curry Burger, Tab's Quesadilla, and Harissa Cauli Pitas!

One day last week, I was feeling creative in the kitchen, so I decided to turn a planned Impossible-burger-and-fries dinner into an Indian fusion feast. I created a Curry Burger by mixing curry powder, garlic powder, and hing into Impossible meat, and I made a curry yogurt sauce for topping. For the fries, I tossed potatoes in olive oil and dry garlic chutney and baked them in the air fryer, and then I served them with Indian ketchup (a spicy ketchup I buy at the Indian market). So good! And so fun to make!

I didn't measure anything, so no recipe. Sorry! I'm really into "cooking by the spirit" as Tabitha Brown says, so I just use a little of this and a little of that. In fact, I used that same approach for this Spinach-Mushroom Quesadilla from her book, Cooking by the Spirit, which gives ingredient suggestions and instructions (but no measurements). This was stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and lots Daiya cheese, and it was served with Tab's guacamole and her pico de gallo.

I finished up the Plant You Revitalize program the week before last, but there was one extra recipe that I never got to: the Harissa Cauliflower Pitas. So, I made these last week. Cauliflower is tossed with harissa paste, but I didn't have any of that. I did, however, have a harissa seasoning blend, so I used that instead. And I added some chopped tofu with my cauliflower mix for protein (wasn't in the recipe). That's all baked and then stuffed into a pita with cucumbers, pickled onions, and tahini. I loved this flavor combo, and it was so different than anything I would have thought to make on my own. 

No comments: