Thursday, January 11, 2024

Meals I Didn't Make

Starting next week, I'll share how I've been eating on the Plant You Revitalize plan, but first, here are the last of my recent meals before I jumped on the whole foods wagon for a bit. Last week, I met up with my friend Pam at my very favorite restaurant, Good Fortune, for a ramen night. I got the Coco Curry Ramen (my fave!), which has crispy tofu, bok choy, and fried onions in a coconut-curry broth.

And we split an order of the Tofu Bites, which are fried and then coated in a vegan honey-buffalo-style sauce. No visit to Good Fortune is complete without this app.

I ran my first race of the year — the Hill & Dale 8-miler — at Meeman-Shelby State Park last Saturday. And after the race, I stopped by Da Guilty Vegan food truck at Crosstown Brewing Co. to treat myself to a tasty burger. This is the Maple Bacon Onion Jam Smashburger with Onion Rings. It's a double-decker burger with a very tasty sweet-and-savory jam. So good! And it really hit the spot after that race.

After the last Memphis Hash House Harriers run of the year on Dec. 30, I went out with the group for dinner (we call that on-after) at Los Comales. I'd eaten there once before and didn't find much on the menu that was vegan, so I think last time, I just had a margarita and chips. But this time, I asked the server if they could make veggie fajitas. And he said, "Are you vegan?" I told him yes, and he said "No problem." And then he came out with this lovely plate and a side of corn tortillas. Love that! 


And finally, here's the Linguine Positano that I ordered at Carrabba's Italian Grill on New Year's Eve. Paul had a gift card to this chain Italian place, and that meant free food! The vegan options there are clearly marked, and this pasta was so good. The sauce was loaded with garlic cloves. Like whole cloves! 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Gah!!! This all looks delicious (that tofu appetizer sounds insanely good.) I'm looking forward to hearing about the whole foods plan you're following!